718 as DD or Weekend Warrior? - Porsche 718 Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 Old 01-28-2017, 11:35 AM Thread Starter

Question 718 as DD or Weekend Warrior?

I am curious to know; how many of you are buying your 718 for DD use or strictly as a weekend/part-time fun car? I guess I should add in track use as well.
post #2 of 27 Old 01-29-2017, 05:49 AM

Mostly weekend, the SUV will be the daily driver that takes a beating and the odd scratch from people who can't park. Gotta baby the 718 and keep its exterior pristine, or at least for as long as possible.
post #3 of 27 Old 01-29-2017, 07:54 AM

Weekends and beach trips for me...probably average about 1500 miles per year.

Car will always be garaged and rarely, if ever, will it get rained on.

This is my last toy car and I expect to keep it pristine for as long as I'm around...

post #4 of 27 Old 01-29-2017, 09:37 AM

My 718 is a DD. In fact, I try to drive it every day even if I have no place to go. I haven't decided to drive it at the track yet, although I did take my previous Boxster (a 2012 987.2) to the track monthly.
post #5 of 27 Old 01-29-2017, 11:28 AM

I drive my 718 Boxster about every day. I always drive it when I go out by myself and some with my wife. She always wants to go in the Macan because she likes the extra room and has all of her things in it. I live in San Diego so when the weather is perfect for her with the top down we will drive the 718. I now have about 4,000 miles on it and have enjoyed every minute. When I had the 2014 981 it didn't really matter that much which car I drove but that is completely different now. I actually like the sound and that acceleration at low RPM is really a blast. Unfortunately I think I am one of the 85 on the airbag recall list since I got one of the first ones delivered. For those waiting, it is definitely worth the wait.
post #6 of 27 Old 01-30-2017, 10:27 PM Thread Starter

I plan to use my 718 Boxster as a weekend car and some part-time driving during the week. I have a Macan as a DD, which allows me to carry all of my crap. My problem now is that I only have a two car garage and which car will I park outside. I don't think I can convince my wife to park the Panamera outside ha ha. The Macan will probably have to do outside duty.
post #7 of 27 Old 02-05-2017, 03:52 PM

No track. If 2 to 3 times a week counts as a daily driver. I do intend to have fun the entire time.

...and Loving it!
Cayman S, 6 speed, Rhodium Silver Metallic, BOSE, NAV, 20" Carrera S wheels, Connect Plus, Premium Pkg. 14-way, PSE, colored center caps
post #8 of 27 Old 02-09-2017, 07:20 PM

Mine will be my DD.
post #9 of 27 Old 02-09-2017, 07:39 PM

Macan - crap hauler and DD. 718 (when it comes) pleasure and track days.
Gallatin and trusted like this.
post #10 of 27 Old 02-16-2017, 02:47 AM

DD when able

DD when the weather is nice...above about 50 degrees F and the roads are fairly free of debris like snow and ice! Otherwise, the Macan GTS comes out of the garage. Love those warmer days this time of year in Pittsburgh, such a great feeling pulling it out of garage and enjoying the ride and the smile on our faces

2017 Carmine Red Macan GTS
2017 Jet Black Metallic Boxster 718S

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Porsche 718 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page