Rev match not working=bonus? - Porsche 718 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 03-04-2017, 08:28 PM Thread Starter

Rev match not working=bonus?

Hello everyone, new member here (actually never used a forum in my life) just picked up my new 718 cayman 6 speed 3 days ago and I'm in love already. Anyway no matter what mode I'm in, or if traction control is on or off, the auto rev match feature isn't working. I know if it was working I would be whining about it, as I love doing it myself and can heel toe quite nicely, I had an s2000 as a daily driver for the last 12 years. Am I missing something in the settings? I mentioned to the salesman about not really wanting the feature, is it possible he had a tech disable it and forgot to tell me. If something is wrong I'm not sure I want to fix it, but it is a new car after all. Thanks
post #2 of 11 Old 03-04-2017, 08:41 PM

Rev matching should work in sport mode or sport plus if you have it. It won't work in normal mode. I am not aware that that feature can be disabled.
post #3 of 11 Old 03-05-2017, 05:02 PM

That's something I would consult with the dealership with. Although you would prefer to have it off, I would just make sure everything is supposed to be working the way they intended it to. Never know what else could have been possibly affected by this.

post #4 of 11 Old 03-06-2017, 05:12 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, just made an appointment with the dealer. The service guy said he's never heard that complaint before. I'll post back with the outcome
post #5 of 11 Old 03-07-2017, 11:48 AM

Pardon my ignorance, but is it correct that auto Rev-matching is not available on cars with manual transmissions?

I have driven manual transmission cars more than 30 years, and I just can't seem to get the hang of heel-toe driving. I sure would like to learn how, though.

...and Loving it!
Cayman S, 6 speed, Rhodium Silver Metallic, BOSE, NAV, 20" Carrera S wheels, Connect Plus, Premium Pkg. 14-way, PSE, colored center caps
post #6 of 11 Old 03-07-2017, 02:32 PM

There are manual transmission cars with rev matching. There are also tuning boxes for some vehicles that can implement auto-blip (rev-matching) to the vehicle as well
Heel-toe shifting is something that you really need to practice to get right though. There are some pedal sets for cars that make it a bit easier for you to "reach"
post #7 of 11 Old 03-08-2017, 07:34 PM Thread Starter

There are plenty of helpful videos on youtube. It's very unnatural at first, it took a few months of practice before I could get it consistently, and even longer to become natural, but trust me, it's a very satisfying thing to master.
post #8 of 11 Old 03-10-2017, 12:08 PM Thread Starter

So the conclusion to this is that either I'm an idiot, or the dealer is wrong. (I wouldn't rule either out) they said that only cars with the sport chrono package have rev matching. So if anyone has a 718 with the manual and no sport chrono, if you could chime in one way or the other it would be appreciated. I did get a free car wash out of the deal though....
post #9 of 11 Old 03-10-2017, 01:49 PM

This is what I found on Road and Track

Quote:
A six-speed manual transmission with automatic rev-matching is standard in both the Boxster and Boxster S, and as much as I love Porsche's manual gearboxes, the new powertrains really are optimized for PDK.
The 2017 Porsche 718 Boxster S Does Everything Right
post #10 of 11 Old 03-10-2017, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggity View Post
So the conclusion to this is that either I'm an idiot, or the dealer is wrong. (I wouldn't rule either out) they said that only cars with the sport chrono package have rev matching. So if anyone has a 718 with the manual and no sport chrono, if you could chime in one way or the other it would be appreciated. I did get a free car wash out of the deal though....
My car (6 speed S, sans Chrono) does not have rev matching. My understanding was that feature was only available on cars with Chrono and PDK.

...and Loving it!
Cayman S, 6 speed, Rhodium Silver Metallic, BOSE, NAV, 20" Carrera S wheels, Connect Plus, Premium Pkg. 14-way, PSE, colored center caps

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Porsche 718 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page