Changes 2018 - Porsche 718 Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 05-23-2017, 03:08 AM Thread Starter

Changes 2018

Does anyone know if there are any changes to the next years model? My car is produced shortly as a 2018 model and I wonder if I will get anything new..
post #2 of 12 Old 05-23-2017, 07:16 AM

As far as I've been able to find, the only changes are to the range of colours and the included options--and the price increase of course.
Greg
Oskar Jansson likes this.
post #3 of 12 Old 05-23-2017, 08:30 AM

I was talking to the sales manager on the G/Coast .... he said they may now be standard with Apple CarPlay (?) .... he said they had to justify the price hike somehow.
Other options include new front and rear noses and diffusers and tinted lens on the exterior lights ....(again Australian spec)

post #4 of 12 Old 05-23-2017, 01:13 PM

There is no change as far as I can tell except is price (in US). My order that I made just over a week ago is on a 2018 model.
BTW, the price in the configurator is already the 2018 prices.
post #5 of 12 Old 05-23-2017, 02:49 PM

Due to the complaints by journalists and Planet 9 posters, Porsche has decided to put a N/A 8 cylinder engine in next years Cayman and Boxster. A spokeperson for the company states, "You happy? Good, now leave us alone".

post #6 of 12 Old 05-23-2017, 02:55 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys for the replies, I will post when I get delivery if I find anything new.. I got a PDK software update for my Macan the other week when I did the first service and that was a major difference, do you guys know of any software updates that are made to 718 when you service it the first time?
post #7 of 12 Old 05-23-2017, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by photonscience View Post
Due to the complaints by journalists and Planet 9 posters, Porsche has decided to put a N/A 8 cylinder engine in next years Cayman and Boxster. A spokeperson for the company states, "You happy? Good, now leave us alone".

Finally a true Porsche!!! Can I possibly get my money back on the 718?
post #8 of 12 Old 05-23-2017, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallatin View Post
Finally a true Porsche!!! Can I possibly get my money back on the 718?
No, but they'll sell you the other 4 cylinders as an upgrade.
Gallatin likes this.
post #9 of 12 Old 06-11-2017, 02:42 PM

One I know about is the black interior with the red seat and door inserts looses the red instrument canopy which will now be black. It was that one difference that made me pick this color option on my 2018 order as that red instrument canopy put me off that color combination. It was a strike of luck that I picked up that detail in the configurator prior to putting in the order.

Curious what caused Porsche to make that change.
post #10 of 12 Old 06-11-2017, 03:01 PM

Maybe Porsche received complaints about too much red with the canopy and wanted to tone it down. When I ordered my Boxster in GT Silver with the Black and Red interior I was a little hesitant about the red canopy as well and almost went in a different direction. Now that I have it I think it really sets off the interior. I have received lots of compliments on the red combination. I am glad I didn't shy away from choosing it. I think yours will look great without the red canopy as well!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Porsche 718 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page