View Poll Results: 2.0 or 2.5?
2.0 17 73.91%
2.5 6 26.09%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 Old 08-13-2014, 04:38 PM Thread Starter

2.0 or 2.5?

We know the 718 will be available with either a 2.0 or a 2.5L flat four engine, which will you chose?
post #2 of 19 Old 08-14-2014, 11:27 AM

2.0 since I don't think I would care for anything more in power also I want to keep spending down on this.
post #3 of 19 Old 08-14-2014, 12:41 PM

I don't think that I need any more power than the 2.0 gives. Not worth the extra money IMO. The car will be so small and light that it will get a lot out of that 2.0 liter engine.

post #4 of 19 Old 05-31-2017, 11:42 PM

This poll hasn't been visited in a while. I chose the 2.0 MT--lightly optioned. Now that there many others ordering or about to order--what will you choose?
post #5 of 19 Old 06-01-2017, 02:26 AM

I chose the 2.0--plenty of power to lose my licence, and I preferred the sound and price (and the economy saved me thousands in tax that I could put to better use than the government).

Greg
post #6 of 19 Old 06-01-2017, 06:48 AM

2.0L PDK for me. More than enough power for the DD I will be using this for. Don't plan to track it.
post #7 of 19 Old 06-01-2017, 09:09 AM

2.0L MT. Didn't think the 2.5L justified the extra cost. Hoping COBB AP comes out for the 2.0L to bump it a to 330+ .
post #8 of 19 Old 06-01-2017, 01:13 PM

2.5L PDK all the way. Having had PDK on my last car I don't think I'd never go back to manual now, even a manual as good as those available on a Porsche. The only 2.0L PDK I drove had far too much lag for my tastes. Maybe another example might be better, but I can only form an opinion based on the one that I have driven & it wasn't for me. In any case I don't mind paying extra for the increased torque (from lower RPM), the additional power & the reinforced front brakes (not sure if the latter makes any discernible difference). The fact the S is fitted with larger standard wheels also means that the upgrade to the 20's I have fitted was cheaper & that's several hundred pounds of the price difference between the cars back ($1190 in the U.S). I'd be interested to know just how much more economical the 2.0 litre is in real world driving given as it runs with a higher boost pressure. I'm finding the 2.5L to be pretty good & obtaining low to mid 30's on a long run, providing I behave of course. That's not far off the claimed figures & far better than I was actually expecting. All the more so as the engine is still going to be pretty tight. I'm even returning 28mpg or so locally & given the type of roads we have that's come as a pleasant surprise as well. I would assume the figures will improve even more as a greater mileage gets covered & the engine loosens. I've already stated previously that I didn't particularly like the sound of either engine without a Sports exhaust & that still stands, but the 2.5 is certainly pretty decent with it (I can't comment on a 2.0L fitted with a sports exhaust as I've never driven one).
krehm1990 likes this.
post #9 of 19 Old 06-01-2017, 01:48 PM
crk

2.0 PDK more than enough power for me.

Collin
post #10 of 19 Old 06-02-2017, 06:25 AM

2.5 with MT. The "best of both worlds", IMHO. Not even a whiff of lag when you are controlling the transmission yourself and variable vane turbo is on-board.
RussellHodgson likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Porsche 718 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page