Porsche 718 Forum banner

Hello!

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Justin 
#1 ·
Hi. i currently lease a Lincoln MKC and have started my search for my next vehicle. I have narrowed the field to a few cars and a used Cayman is one of them. I would appreciate any advice or wisdom that any of you would be willing to give. I had a stroke awhile back and lost some function in my left leg and now walk with a cane, so can't have a manual tranny.:( With that said, how difficult would it be to get in and out for me ( I'm 50YO). How many miles should I expect to get before any major problems (100,000)? How many miles would be too many when considering used. Have never bought used, but a new Cayman is way out of my budget. Have heard/read that the cayman is a pretty solid car with few issues as long as it is well taken care of. What are the running cost/maintenance cost? The cayman would be my daily driver and I would not have any other car. I live in Indiana and winters are usually not too bad, but how is it in snow and ice with winter tires? I am single and have no kids. Just me and a small dog. Almost never have more than myself and another person in the car at one time. Thanks again in advance for any/all advice!:):):)

#2 ·
I'm not sure a Cayman is the right choice for you. It is quite low and isn't the easiest car to get out of especially considering your physical challenge. Also, though the Cayman with snow tires would be OK if the snow is not too deep, I don't think the Cayman is a great winter car.

What about a used Macan?

#3 ·
Having the Cayman as a primary vehicle and DD especially when your somewhere that endures winters doesn't seem like a great idea at all my friend. Being a lower vehicle, getting in and out will be challenging. That being said, having a zippy car could spike some enthusiasm and you may not even think of the pain to get in and out? ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.