Porsche 718 Forum banner

New Member - almost owner

2K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  winter.zed 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone,
Found this forum this past weekend looking for some info on Boxters. Were dreaming for a long time about getting one.
I kinda' settled on a BMW 240 convertible late last year. Ordered one in December (6SP/RWD) but I still don't have it yet.
I am in the process of canceling that order and ordering a base Boxster, 6SP, red/no options. Maybe heated seats and CarPlay.
Hopefully I can get it by the end of the summer, so I can still enjoy 1-2 months of nice weather. I live around Toronto (Canada).
Cheers!

#3 ·
Thanks.
Yes I did. I actually drove a Cayman this past weekend. Didn't really need to, but it was "part of the process" :)
Hoping to be able to catch one of the few unused allocations for 2017. If it works out - I could get a car this summer. Around the end of July.
Talked to BMW again today - and they just do not have any information on when could I have "my" 240.
So I canceled the order.
At least they did not give me a hard time about it. I placed the order last December - after all. So that was enough wait, I'd think.
Anyway - that's "water under the bridge" now.
I am a bit of a pretend "car guy" but don't know much about Porsche, other than the fact that I kinda' wanted a Boxster since it first came out - almost 20 years ago - I think...
The brand was just outside of my price rage until recently. We had a BMW and Audi before (and getting a BMW 330e next week for my wife) - but Porsche is a little above those in price.
Hope to find out more here, and some other boards I can find.

#4 ·
Where did you order it from? I ordered a Cayman in feb and had to cancel and get it out of Ontario to get a faster allocation. I got 3% discount. That seems about to be max anyone in Canada will give. Email Porsche Centre North Toronto, they may have an earlier allocation or Porsche London.

#6 ·
It's official! My sales rep was able to trade for an "early July" delivery car, so we finalized the order.
White Boxster, 6SP, heated seats, carplay and black/bordeaux seats. Car is already in status 210.
Now the wait begins.
Hopefully this will end better than my 240M convertible order that I had to cancel after 4+ months of waiting.

#9 · (Edited)
Thanks!
I went to Pfaff in Woodbridge, since it was right across from the BMW dealer where I had my 240M convertible on order (the one I had to cancel). Sales rep was absolutely amazing and very accommodating.
That being said, my original BMW sales rep was good too, but he left the company and the guy who took over and the manager just did not seem to care what happened to my order. When I asked them to find out - they couldn't (or wouldn't...)

"Very Tentative" date for the Boxster is July 7th. I will understand if this gets pushed out a bit, because we managed to change a car fairly late in the pre-production cycle.
I'm not very familiar with the Porsche status codes (ordered 3 BMWs before) but it was very close to "freezing" - where you can't change any config options anymore. My changes went in on the weekend.
We'll see how it goes. Two months and a bit - not that bad.
What are you getting and when did you order?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.