Porsche 718 Forum banner

New Member - almost owner

2K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  winter.zed 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone,
Found this forum this past weekend looking for some info on Boxters. Were dreaming for a long time about getting one.
I kinda' settled on a BMW 240 convertible late last year. Ordered one in December (6SP/RWD) but I still don't have it yet.
I am in the process of canceling that order and ordering a base Boxster, 6SP, red/no options. Maybe heated seats and CarPlay.
Hopefully I can get it by the end of the summer, so I can still enjoy 1-2 months of nice weather. I live around Toronto (Canada).
Cheers!

#3 ·
Thanks.
Yes I did. I actually drove a Cayman this past weekend. Didn't really need to, but it was "part of the process" :)
Hoping to be able to catch one of the few unused allocations for 2017. If it works out - I could get a car this summer. Around the end of July.
Talked to BMW again today - and they just do not have any information on when could I have "my" 240.
So I canceled the order.
At least they did not give me a hard time about it. I placed the order last December - after all. So that was enough wait, I'd think.
Anyway - that's "water under the bridge" now.
I am a bit of a pretend "car guy" but don't know much about Porsche, other than the fact that I kinda' wanted a Boxster since it first came out - almost 20 years ago - I think...
The brand was just outside of my price rage until recently. We had a BMW and Audi before (and getting a BMW 330e next week for my wife) - but Porsche is a little above those in price.
Hope to find out more here, and some other boards I can find.

#4 ·
Where did you order it from? I ordered a Cayman in feb and had to cancel and get it out of Ontario to get a faster allocation. I got 3% discount. That seems about to be max anyone in Canada will give. Email Porsche Centre North Toronto, they may have an earlier allocation or Porsche London.

#6 ·
It's official! My sales rep was able to trade for an "early July" delivery car, so we finalized the order.
White Boxster, 6SP, heated seats, carplay and black/bordeaux seats. Car is already in status 210.
Now the wait begins.
Hopefully this will end better than my 240M convertible order that I had to cancel after 4+ months of waiting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.