Porsche 718 Forum banner

Hello From a MR2 Spyder Owner!

3K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  NOTOY 
#1 ·
Post #1!

Although I have been enjoying my MR2 Spyder immensely over the past 7 years, I have always thought that a Boxster would be my next logical step.

Having driven a few in the past, as much as I enjoyed the greater refinement and performance, I was never overly impressed with the power delivery. I had always hoped that Porsche would release a baby Boxster, powered by a turbo 4.

Now that the Boxster has my preferred powerplant, I am now extremely interested in the car, as I am a big fan of the low RPM torque available with these new engines. I am currently planning to drive a base Boxster at the ATL PEC in late June, and I can imagine that I will be working hard toward a goal of a Boxster at some point in the future.

I am sure that I will lurk more than anything as I continue to learn about these cars, however, I find it refreshing to find this forum of actual owners who are discussing the aspects of the car.

#4 ·
Thanks Lurker - I am not able to post a images or links yet due to my low post count!

I am actually really happy with this car, and was sort of hoping for Porsche to release a 'Baby Boxster' instead with the 2.0 turbo. I am a big fan of the low weight of this car at less than 2200 pounds, and felt that a 2.0 turbo in a sub 2500 pound mid-engine package would be my ideal car. However, the performance and style of the new Boxster has been stellar, so that has now become my new obsession.

#9 ·
Hello from a former MR2 Spyder Owner.... Wish I still owned it. I have been a Toyota Dealer for the last 40 years and had one of those for the Summer. Wanted a sports car (convertible for the summers at the lake), and wished I still had the Spyder. That car seemed to be modeled so closely after the Boxster, but just didn't have the performance, glad I researched the 718 Boxster as it is the perfect fit. ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.