Porsche 718 Forum banner

Hello, new potential owner

4K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  sharkmok 
#1 ·
After many test drive, finally decided on a base caymen 718 manual.
Now come the daunting task of picking out some options. Guards Red is the exterior color and everything else is in the air.....

#3 ·
For colors, I'm having the crazy idea of Guards Red exterior with black/red bordeaux interior.
My concern is that the dash cover is also in red bordeaux and not go too well with the red exterior. (which they don't shown in the online configurator)
I've only seen the black/red bordeaux with white exterior in person, so it could be a bit of a gamble with the guards red.

Other options
Permium Package plus
Sports Chrono
Extended Fuel Tank
Connect

#4 ·
I have the black/red bordeaux in my GT Silver Boxster. I built a Boxster in Guards Red on the configurator and tried lots of different interior combos. I would suggest trying to see these colors in person if possible. I like Guards Red but I am not sure how that interior would look. Are you getting PDK or MT? If you are getting MT I am not sure you really need Sport Chrono unless you want the automatic rev matching. If you are getting the PDK trans than Sport Chrono is definitely worth it. I got Connect and the extended fuel tank as well. I went very basic with the rest of my choices other than my interior color and Bose stereo. Believe me--you will go back and forth on your options--but that is what makes it fun. Good luck!!!

#5 ·
Although I learn to drive on a manual and been driving a manual for 30 years, I'm bad at heel-toe.
I'm getting the sports chrono for the rev-matching. It is a bit of a spurge.
I'll probably go with the simple black interior with the guards red seat belt.

#6 ·
sharkmok--I am with you on the heel-toe! I am really out of practice. Like you--I have had many MT cars over the years, but in recent years I have had many more auto-trans and have become rusty with the MT. I can say that I am really enjoying the MT now and improving with my rev-matching.

I sort of wish I had got the SC--you will certainly enjoy it. Guards Red is great! One combo that I did like was the Agate Grey interior with the Guards Red, but you can't go wrong with black.

#8 ·
I had a Guards red exterior with Guards red seat belts & a black interior on my last car (981) & it looked great. So much so that I actually considered the same again. The seat belts matching the exterior but contrasting against the black interior really gives it a lift.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.