Porsche 718 Forum banner

Hello to all, soon to be 718 Boxter owner

3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  GregW 
#1 ·
Ive wanted to get a Boxter for a few years now but I'm now ready to pull the trigger. Ive owned a 911 and just sold my Panamera S and bought a truck (daily driver) to make room for the Boxter. I'm very torn on the Boxter vs the S model AND even more torn over the PDK or manuel trans. Glad to be here.....

#2 ·
Welcome!

Try to drive them both. The S is ridiculously fast. The base is super fast. I'm ok with "just" super fast.

Manual vs. PDK really depends on your use case. As a daily driver I would want the PDK. As a joyride the manual is an option as well, for sure. It's just that the PDK is so darn good...

Oh and it's Boxster 0:)

#3 ·
Hello and welcome!!! As trusted notes the base is very fast and enough for me as well. I would, however, drive both to be sure you get what you want. I got the MT and love it, but I don't use the 718 as a daily driver. I have had PDK in all other P cars--it is fantastic!!! You really can't go wrong with either.

#4 ·
Welcome Investr. Since the truck is your DD, you might appreciate having a manual as your weekend toy when you want to open the roof, let your hair blow in the wind and exercise your left leg.

The base model is very fast. I probably would have bought one, but it's not available with red calipers. :D

#7 ·
I would highly recommend having them done professionally, off the car. Unless you really know what you're doing and have the proper tools, brake work beyond bleeding and changing pads is best left to the pros.

Basically, treat them like alloy wheels: powder coating is the best option because the color physically and chemically becomes part of the metal. But shops out there will paint them (must be high-temp paint) and even wrap them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.