Any Build/Schedule Delays with Your 718? - Porsche 718 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 52 Old 02-04-2017, 11:50 AM Thread Starter

Question Any Build/Schedule Delays with Your 718?

Has anyone experienced any problems with their build or order? Any delays? How long is the delivery process for you?
post #2 of 52 Old 02-15-2017, 03:24 PM

I ordered the 718 Cayman 1 Nov 16 and still no build date. I'm told to expect vehicle early June but Porsche have said that German plant is gearing up for upcoming electric vehicle which has restricted numbers of 718s. They say that 718 production will only come fully on stream after September of this year...
post #3 of 52 Old 02-15-2017, 05:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plum View Post
I ordered the 718 Cayman 1 Nov 16 and still no build date. I'm told to expect vehicle early June but Porsche have said that German plant is gearing up for upcoming electric vehicle which has restricted numbers of 718s. They say that 718 production will only come fully on stream after September of this year...
Plum--sorry to hear about your delay. If you don't mind me asking--where are you located? I haven't been told any information like what you are receiving. I ordered my Boxster in January and had a build date/schedule right away. My dealer told me three months on average for delivery. I haven't checked lately but mine is supposed to enter the body shop 2/17 and exit on 2/24 with a Vehicle completion date of 3/03. I was told that I did get the last dealer allocation for this year--not sure if that is a factor. Maybe others can weigh in on their experiences or if they are being told the same information as you.

post #4 of 52 Old 02-16-2017, 12:49 AM

Placed my deposit this past weekend. Dealer has advised me June/July delivery if I am lucky for 718 Cayman, they seem hopeful. I am in Canada
post #5 of 52 Old 02-16-2017, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallatin View Post
...My dealer told me three months on average for delivery...
I was told the same - ordered my Boxster S in early January and expect a late March/early April delivery
post #6 of 52 Old 02-16-2017, 11:53 AM

I'm over in the UK. Not sure if you guys on the other side of the pond are receiving higher allocations, or perhaps some have fallen lucky with certain dealer allocations. I believe the Boxster version was first in production, so might explain why this version is materialising within reasonable timescales. The Cayman production is more recent but seems to have been squeezed due to factory reorganisation for the upcoming electric vehicle. Has anyone ordered from say Oct 16 and received a build slot with a view to delivery over the next month or so? I suspect there are gonna be quite a few disappointed prospective Cayman owners (me included) not seeing their cars until the back end of this year...
post #7 of 52 Old 02-17-2017, 12:07 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plum View Post
I'm over in the UK. Not sure if you guys on the other side of the pond are receiving higher allocations, or perhaps some have fallen lucky with certain dealer allocations. I believe the Boxster version was first in production, so might explain why this version is materialising within reasonable timescales. The Cayman production is more recent but seems to have been squeezed due to factory reorganisation for the upcoming electric vehicle. Has anyone ordered from say Oct 16 and received a build slot with a view to delivery over the next month or so? I suspect there are gonna be quite a few disappointed prospective Cayman owners (me included) not seeing their cars until the back end of this year...
You might be right about the Boxster version being the first in production and having on time deliveries. The timing of the Cayman may have it caught in this reorganization. It sounds like our friends in Canada are also having to wait a lot longer for their deliveries as well.
post #8 of 52 Old 02-18-2017, 04:06 PM

Unhappy Filoup87: Cayman S delayed in Canada

I am from Montreal Canada , ordered in november, Cayman S and was told a first date, April 26, then it has been revised to June 16.... Hope it won't be deferred again...since we don't really drive these things in the winter over here....
post #9 of 52 Old 02-23-2017, 09:28 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Ahead of Schedule

Talked to my dealer today and my Boxster is actually ahead of schedule. I was told it should be here first of April. Needless to say I am very excited--especially with this unseasonably warm weather we are having--can't wait.
post #10 of 52 Old 02-24-2017, 11:32 AM

Sounds gr8 🙂 If it arrives early April, how long will that have been from order to delivery? Anyone got a Cayman being delivered anytime soon?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Porsche 718 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page