Porsche 718 Forum banner

Waiters Club

576K views 7K replies 341 participants last post by  ICE718 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Figured i'd start a thread for us to track deliveries of our cars and current time frames. My car is as follows:

Current V260 as of May 24

Attachments

See less See more
#6 · (Edited)
The one line in my signature says it all :)

Base Boxster, 6sp forward (+1 reverse :) ), white with black/bordeaux seats and connect package (for carplay).
Also added 2 "free" options - smoker's package (for the power outlet) and the footwell storage net (just because...)

Even in this basic shape - this is way more car than I can possibly want.
I came into this looking for the cheapest European convertible with manual transmission. (Canadian Market)
I settled on a BMW M240 - even though a 230 would've been just fine, but it was not available as a 6SP.
Once that order fell through after 4 months of waiting (dealer not knowing anything about car, long story...) - I picked the Boxster.
The Boxster was always a dream of some sorts. But dreams are dreams for a reason.

#10 ·
Let me say that I was once in the Waiters Club and I know what you are going through ha ha. Are any of you going to track your cars across the Atlantic? There are a couple of threads here that give info on how to find your ship and track it. You should be able to get the name of the ship from your SA. I know this won't help much but--the wait is well worth it!!!:D

#12 ·
You should be able to get the name of the ship from your SA. I know this won't help much but--the wait is well worth it!!!:D
With the name of the ship - go to marrinetraffic.com and you can track it there. Free tracking in the browser works as long as the ship is close to any coast. For transatlantic tracking one needs to sign-up. I heard about the paid iOS app being able to track it all the way, but not sure.
An approximate schedule for the ship can be found on the shipping company's website here: The PWL Group
Select Canada for "trade line" (also applies to US) and "Volkswagen something-something" in the next box. It opens a pdf file in an other window. Just like in the mid '90s... :( This was for North American people, of course.

I tracked our 2 BMWs, and that was actually fun. Vallenius (the shipper they use) has a better online presence though. Voyage schedule is updated daily.
Also, you just enter your VIN number, and get quite a lot of detail and status info. (similar to the Porsche screenshots we get from the dealers)

I'm hoping my car can somehow get on the next boat on the 6th of June. It's been sitting in port for a few days now. :D

#14 ·
Ordered 5/27 within a June allocation, so car should be built just before the August plant break -- and will probably sit for at least two weeks in Bremerhaven before getting on a boat. That's just the way it goes in Europe in August ...

It's due via projected dates the first week in October, but my dealer (one of the country's largest) says that time of year they often arrive a couple of weeks early.

Currently in V170 (special order PAG check, probably because of the body-color '718' in my build), but should move to V200 and beyond by early next week -- then, I'll have solid target dates.

Like a couple of others here, I tracked my current BMW using marinetraffic.com. Glorious and horrifically nerve-wracking at the same time. It's something else to actually see a ship take houuuurssss to dock in real time!

#18 ·
Mine arrives 1st week of august. This whole choosing exterior color, wheel size and style, interior color, which options do I need and can afford, has been one stressful experience. I think I've aged 2 years in the last month. And now I wait for 2 months for it to arrive. First thought this whole ordering process was great but to be honest buying what is inventory is much simpler and easier. It appear I'm not good with having choices. I'm sure it will be worth it in the end.

#32 ·
And then there's the other problem, once you have the car . After seeing other peoples' configuration I wonder did I pick the right color, why didn't I get the fancier steering wheel, why didn't I get carbon fiber interior, why didn't I have the roll bars on my BS painted....

I do know the answer: money - but I still have my thoughts.

And yes, though super helpful, the Porsche configurator can drive you mad.

#19 ·
You're like me, so hard to make a final decimation when there are so many options and combinations out there and then you keep second guessing if that's the right one and wonder what you really want. I have this problem too and try not to buy custom items these days.

Hope the wait time flies by for you.

#20 ·
Projected dates on left with actual dates on right for my 718 base cayman.

Vehicle fixed
02/17/2017 02/17/2017

Vehicle completion
04/28/2017 04/28/2017

Exit port Emden
05/19/2017 05/2/2017

Entry port San Diego
06/23/2017 05/22/17

Dealer invoiced
Dealer Inventory
07/07/2017 ???

Excited that I will be getting my car ahead of schedule...but it has been an excruciating wait since the car reached San Diego! Have been spending this time researching and buying accessories for the car (ie. BlackVue Dash cam, clear side markers...).

#21 ·
That's a big shift forward, Hope I get the same movement with mine. Seems odd how it can change by so much, would have thought that these exit and entry dates are detailed out to the day. How does a mega car carrier leave port 2 weeks early when their schedules are planned months ahead of time. And does it not cause havoc when it arrives at the port a month early.

#27 ·
Interesting! Yea it seems like its Porsche exclusive build area.

My car entered Emden today. I believe the next ship leaves here on the 16th, Adriatic Highway. Hopefully I make it on to that one.

You guys can go here, enter your VIN on last part of the URL to see your build sheet. It will only appear in the system when it says order invoiced under your tracking status.

https://admin.porschedealer.com/reports/build_sheets/print.php?vin=WP0AB2A92GS122655

#29 ·
Technically, the VIN gets generated somewhere between V250 and V260. My sales guy told me he gets it @ V300 (CP 8.0 - production complete). There's usually only 2-3 days between CP 0.0 (start of production) and CP 8.0 (production complete) - for most cars - so it's not a big deal/delay. VIN lookups for Porsche are pretty lame compared to some other brands anyway. At least the 3-4 most popular ones I've seen.

#35 ·
Mine made the first available ship. From what I've seen on the shipping company's pdf schedule - there seems to be a ship every 10 days to Canada (on average). Mine sat about 8 days "in port".

When you look at the google maps satellite view of the port - you'd think there's no way a car makes it out of there in less than a few months...
I was actually surprised I got in the first ship. People on some other boards were talking about weeks of waiting in port.

#36 ·
My Boxster was actually on a ship before it was due out of the factory!
The ship was two weeks early into Melbourne (by Porsche's original estimate).
Now it's been sitting in Australian Customs (waiting for heaven-knows-what) for 11 days.:crying:

Greg