Porsche 718 Forum banner

New in PA

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Atebit 
#1 ·
I took delivery of my 718 Boxster back in October 2026 at the Porsche Experience Center in Atlanta. What an experience! If you're ordering a 718 and are willing to make the trip, you should definitely add this $0 option to your build!

The 718 is technically my second Porsche. I had purchased a pre-owned 2011 Boxster S earlier in 2016, but after test-driving the 718 I decided to trade up.

Looking forward to learning a lot (and hopefully contributing too) about our cars here on the forum!

#4 ·
While both cars have approximately the same HP, I find the low-end torque in the 718 much more great gratifying. I usually don't drive "fast", so I was never really able to benefit much from the power of the S. At least now I can feel some of that even during "aggressive" (for me) passing on the roads & highways.

Interior comfort is the about the same but the 16-way seats with memory is defi etky an improvement. Infotainment is more up to date, but still a little disappointed with the current CarPlay implementation.

Another big difference for me are the exterior lines...I do like the more masculine look of the 718 styling. When I saw one for the first time at the dealer, I never quite looked at the 2011 the same afterwards.

I did take it for a spin a couple of weeks back when the temps were in the 70s. I'm out of the country right now but looking forward to getting home this weekend and hoping enjoying some top-down motoring on Saturday!

#6 ·
I have know people who have traded in a car because they didn't like the seats. I would not be one of these people--I have found Porsche seats to be very comfortable. I have had or currently have 14 way, 18 way, and 2 way seats. Actually my favorite seats were the 2 way sport plus seats I had in my 911. Once I found the right adjustment that was it. I also did like the slider. My Boxster order has the 2 way sport seats--very comfortable for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.