Porsche 718 Forum banner

Wheel Touch-up?

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Lurker 
#1 ·
As you can see I received a s mall scratch on my wheel. I have no idea how it happened. There is no damage to the tire so I don't think it was a curb – and I'm really careful in those situations. I don't even get close to curbs. Regardless, I was wondering if there are any home repair kits or some trick available to remedy/minimise the situation. I know I can get it professionally repaired but I was thinking of waiting a year or so before going that route in case I get a couple more.:crying:

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Ouch, that looks quite nasty & even though you wished to avoid it you're probably better leaving that to a pro. On the positive side my wife used to curb her wheels with appalling regularity & it's surprising just how reasonable the prices for repair can be (certainly in the U.K). Even diamond cut wheels which are obviously much harder to repair can cost as little as £80 each & after completion of the repair you'd never know. The only thing with laser cut wheel repair is that it entails wheel removal & isn't something a mobile repairer can tackle (not to my knowledge anyway as they normally use a machine). However each wheel can normally be repaired in around 40 minutes. But for such a beautiful car & relatively small amount of money I know what I'd do. Whatever you decide I hope you find a suitable solution soon.:|

#3 ·
Definitely looks like curb rash, but an easy repair at any wheel repair shop. They normally only need the vehicle for a day. Recently had a wheel done where we live. $80.00 Just as good as new. In my case, being so anal about my cars I would be waiting for the repair front door to open the day after it happened.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.