Porsche 718 Forum banner

door pull styling question

3K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Gtipirelli 
#1 ·
I am guilty of regularly standing in my garage admiring the magnificent lines of this car. However, there are a couple of things that seem to break up the curves/lines. The oval gas/petrol lid really doesn't fit the styling, but, I know this is a Porsche trade mark and I'm happy to have it. The only other thing that I wonder about is the door pulls. Many/most new cars have flush pulls that keep the "flat" lines consistent. Without any previous Porsche history, I question if this is also a Porsche trait passed down through the generations. If so, I'm happy to have them as well. If not, I wonder why they have not yet gone the recessed route.

#7 ·
I have never given it a second thought but I have had a number of people comment on the cool door handles when they use them.

Personally I am happy with the exterior styling and feel the flush style handles are a bit of a fashion thing and will look dated later.

#10 ·
The flush door handles on the new 992 are absolutely horrible. My wife's hand slipped off & she broke a nail opening the door of one this Monday 10th June. Would their constant use lead to scratches? I'm absolutely positive that would be the case, because they're a little awkward & unnatural to use & very shallow (hence why my wife's hand slipped off). For that matter I don't much care for the interior either. The steering wheel is quite cheap & nasty in appearance. The PCM screen is now set far closer to the passenger & further away from the actual driver (instead of centrally located). That just doesn't any make sense to me. Then there's that absolutely pathetic & dumpy little PDK selector. Just why?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.