LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 28 Old 05-12-2019, 09:53 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graustark View Post
I had to look that up. haha - love it.

https://youtu.be/s5IKthNYhVY

Awesome!

2019 718S Stick, Night Blue Metallic, Black/Luxor Beige Leather, Power Sport Seats with Memory, Sport Chrono, misc other.
post #22 of 28 Old 05-13-2019, 04:16 AM

Here there's one missing point...

If I had a Porsche at 18 I would have been the happiest guy in the world, but...

Backseats!!!

When I was young I definitely needed them

BMW E93 - CATERHAM R400 - PORSCHE CAYMAN 718

Calimerus channel -->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #23 of 28 Old 05-13-2019, 01:11 PM

OP, I would suggest scheduling a session (or accepting delivery) at the Experience Center in either Atlanta or Los Angeles.

The Experience Center is tons of fun. There's an ice simulator, windy road coarse, launch control drag strip, and more.

You can experience the limits of the car in a controlled environment and not damage your vehicle, risk anyone's safety, or get arrested for seriously violating traffic laws. 😊

I did so many drifts, donuts, spins, etc. that I was slightly nauseous before the 1 hour mark. I left the Experience Center confident that I could adequately handle my vehicle in pretty much any road or weather situation.

The 2019 Boxster is my first sports car and first Porsche (only my 2nd vehicle).

I am a relatively young Porsche owner like you, and I found the Experience Center Delivery helpful to build my confidence with the vehicle, explain the features/controls, and to get my experience more "up to speed" with some of these Porsche veterans. 😉😉😉

You can choose to drive the car like a grandma or like a maniac. Whichever way you chose to drive the 718, it is a complete blast.

Congratulations and enjoy!
aeronca65tl likes this.

post #24 of 28 Old 05-13-2019, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jns211 View Post
I left the Experience Center confident that I could adequately handle my vehicle in pretty much any road or weather situation.
Careful there young buck/doe! One hour does not make a skilled driver. But it likely did provide you with a good foundation to build on. At 60 yrs, I'm considering the Experience Center to build my confidence level. Drive safe and have fun. Hugs, dad!
post #25 of 28 Old 05-13-2019, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLJJ View Post
Careful there young buck/doe! One hour does not make a skilled driver. But it likely did provide you with a good foundation to build on. At 60 yrs, I'm considering the Experience Center to build my confidence level. Drive safe and have fun. Hugs, dad!
+1 As Dirty Harry says: "A man's gotta know his limitations"
post #26 of 28 Old 05-13-2019, 07:37 PM Thread Starter

@jns211 I'm located in Vancouver, BC, so I'm not sure if I'm located near a Porsche Experience Center. Maybe a good destination for a roadtrip!

Again thanks everyone for the replies. Also, how is the tunability of the 718? Is it possible to tune in more crackles/power? Maybe spit some flames after a straight pipe modification? After my warranty expires I really want to tune it since it should have a lot of potential due to the turbo.
post #27 of 28 Old 05-15-2019, 08:55 AM

@Xerial the 718 can be tuned for more power. There is an entire section on this forum dedicated to turbo and tuning. I would suggest reading through all of those discussions.

Also, there's a "google custom search" feature on the toolbar at the top right corner of every page that allows you to search for keywords (like "ECU tune") throughout 718forum.com.

https://www.718forum.com/forum/turbo-tuning/

There are a lot of very knowledgeable and helpful people on this forum. With a little "legwork" and reading, you should find the answers you are seeking.
Viffermike likes this.
post #28 of 28 Old 05-16-2019, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerial View Post
Thank you everyone for the information! It seems like the turbo 4 cylinder is much faster than the previous NA 6 cylinder, despite the lack in sound. I know in the cayman s there is also the VTG turbo along with the Porsche anti-lag which hopefully further reduces the lag. I just drove my friends Mercedes CLA 45 AMG, and that thing has so much lag its unbearable!

This is the first car I'm getting for myself, but definitely not the first car I've driven, as I practiced on a Mercedes C class for driving lessons. I will for sure take it to autocross to learn more about HPDE and safe driving.

Xerial
No judgment from me. The first car I bought for myself was a Subaru STi in 2004. Similarly turbocharged 300hp 2.5L boxer 4 cylinder with a 6-speed manual. It was also not my actual first car and I drove a hand-me-down Honda Accord before that. I did practice driving the STi a lot on Gran Turismo Just don't be stupid on the road. Respect the car.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Porsche 718 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in