rear spoiler - Porsche 718 Forum
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 Old 12-31-2017, 07:20 AM Thread Starter

Garage
rear spoiler

Noticed today that my rear spoiler dont go all the way down, its hovering 5-8 mm.
I never use the button to have the spoiler up, the movement work as it should but when its closing i doesen´t fully close.

The car is still under warranty but i curious if any body else had the same issue.

For the fun of it.....
post #2 of 19 Old 12-31-2017, 08:08 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
No, approaching 5K miles and no issues. Maybe some of the other members can comment. Could anything be trapped under the rear spoiler, though unlikely you can manually deploy and check. Fortunately you are still under warranty. Let us know how this evolves.

2018/991.2 GT Silver Metallic GT2-RS

"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence" ~ Vince Lombardi

"There are no great men, just great challenges which ordinary men, out of necessity, are forced by circumstances to meet" ~ Fleet Admiral William F. Halsey Jr.
post #3 of 19 Old 12-31-2017, 08:45 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche2018 View Post
No, approaching 5K miles and no issues. Maybe some of the other members can comment. Could anything be trapped under the rear spoiler, though unlikely you can manually deploy and check. Fortunately you are still under warranty. Let us know how this evolves.

The first thing i looked for was if there was anything under the spoiler.
I guess that the homing sensor (if there is one) needs to be adjusted.

Sure, i will keep you all posted!

For the fun of it.....

post #4 of 19 Old 12-31-2017, 10:19 AM

When you remove the painted part you can access two fastening nuts for the lower spoiler piece. Unscrew those and you can adjust the spoiler park height on both sides independently by turning the bolts underneath. My guess is by about 1-2 cm total up or down. It sits on those bolts/screws/nuts whatever the correct term is. I did this because mine was a little crooked (2-3mm) from factory on one side. Or you can just bring it to the dealer and let them fix it for you as you mentioned.

Edit: That way one can also adjust the gap between trunk and spoiler by moving the spoiler forward or back. In case you are as ocd as I am... The factory gap was set a little sloppy and not 100% perfect imo.

Last edited by trusted; 12-31-2017 at 10:26 AM.
post #5 of 19 Old 12-31-2017, 11:24 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusted View Post
When you remove the painted part you can access two fastening nuts for the lower spoiler piece. Unscrew those and you can adjust the spoiler park height on both sides independently by turning the bolts underneath. My guess is by about 1-2 cm total up or down. It sits on those bolts/screws/nuts whatever the correct term is. I did this because mine was a little crooked (2-3mm) from factory on one side. Or you can just bring it to the dealer and let them fix it for you as you mentioned.

Edit: That way one can also adjust the gap between trunk and spoiler by moving the spoiler forward or back. In case you are as ocd as I am... The factory gap was set a little sloppy and not 100% perfect imo.

Yeah!
Thanks a million times!

For the fun of it.....
post #6 of 19 Old 12-31-2017, 03:49 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
That way one can also adjust the gap between trunk and spoiler by moving the spoiler forward or back. In case you are as ocd as I am... The factory gap was set a little sloppy and not 100% perfect imo.
Attention to detail is an admirable trait, many more upsides than down, without exception.

2018/991.2 GT Silver Metallic GT2-RS

"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence" ~ Vince Lombardi

"There are no great men, just great challenges which ordinary men, out of necessity, are forced by circumstances to meet" ~ Fleet Admiral William F. Halsey Jr.
post #7 of 19 Old 05-18-2019, 06:41 PM

Quote:

Any tips on removing the upper painted part?
Just pry up & pop off????

I need to adjust mine.
post #8 of 19 Old 05-18-2019, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTgr8r View Post
Any tips on removing the upper painted part?
Just pry up & pop off????
I need to adjust mine.
The painted part is held by 6 screws from underneath through the black plastic bit. Just deploy the spoiler to access. You'll need a torx wrench. I don't remember the exact size anymore.
InTgr8r likes this.
post #9 of 19 Old 05-18-2019, 09:57 PM

Thanks for this.
post #10 of 19 Old 05-19-2019, 08:32 PM

Got the spoiler adjusted today.
Looks so much better.
trusted likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Porsche 718 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page