post #21 of 29 Old 03-15-2019, 09:41 PM

Do you still have to mail your ecu in?
post #22 of 29 Old 03-17-2019, 07:02 PM Thread Starter
Vendor

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher View Post
Do you still have to mail your ecu in?
For the time being yes, but it gets overnight shipped both ways and turned around the same day at COBB. So the downtime is minimal.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Contact us for package deals on suspension!

<-- Save 40lbs

post #23 of 29 Old 03-17-2019, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
For the time being yes, but it gets overnight shipped both ways and turned around the same day at COBB. So the downtime is minimal.
Okay, one other question. I also own a Macan Turbo, do I need a separate tuner for each car or can I just buy one access port and simply download the tunes I need?

post #24 of 29 Old 03-17-2019, 09:54 PM

Garage
Quote:
Okay, one other question. I also own a Macan Turbo, do I need a separate tuner for each car or can I just buy one access port and simply download the tunes I need?
Yep, the Access Port is locked to the vehicle, so you need one for each.
post #25 of 29 Old 03-18-2019, 03:51 AM

Thanks for the statement.
Have to google how i can get that COBB stuff in germany and how it handles the 102 oktan fuel i drive.
post #26 of 29 Old 03-18-2019, 11:21 AM Thread Starter
Vendor

Garage
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlehrian View Post
Yep, the Access Port is locked to the vehicle, so you need one for each.
mlehrian is sort of correct. The COBB AccessPort is married to your car, however you can uninstall it and reinstall it on another vehicle. This is just entails running through the uninstall procedure on one vehicle and install procedure on another. The Macan & 718 both use an AP3-POR-009 so you could move it between these vehicles if you wanted to. Probably would take 10-15 minutes total to make the switch.

<-- Save 40lbs

post #27 of 29 Old 03-18-2019, 02:52 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
mlehrian is sort of correct. The COBB AccessPort is married to your car, however you can uninstall it and reinstall it on another vehicle. This is just entails running through the uninstall procedure on one vehicle and install procedure on another. The Macan & 718 both use an AP3-POR-009 so you could move it between these vehicles if you wanted to. Probably would take 10-15 minutes total to make the switch.
Thanks for the clarification. I have an AP on both my Macan and my 718 but I keep them both installed all the time.
post #28 of 29 Old 03-18-2019, 04:19 PM Thread Starter
Vendor

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlehrian View Post
Thanks for the clarification. I have an AP on both my Macan and my 718 but I keep them both installed all the time.
You are doing it the right way. This switching back and forth would only work going from the 718 to the Macan anyway as the 718 ECU needs to go to COBB for the initial work.

<-- Save 40lbs

post #29 of 29 Old 03-18-2019, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by faizaan2000 View Post
From my (limited) understanding, the GTS has a larger compressor wheel which should account for the higher overall HP. While the S doesn't increase peak HP that much, the area under the curve is pretty significant, so the gains through much of the rev range are much higher than 5%.

if you look at them they all have pretty significant gains until they reach their top point when compared to the stock baseline, which only added to my confusion. they all have similar increases on the curve yet the S still gets the least overall total boost. granted i an completely new to the "tuning" world. i come from the school of changing out engine parts to gain hp, not hooking up a computer

He once taught a german shepherd how to bark in Spanish.
When he drives a car off the lot it's price increases.
He once won the Tour-de-France but was disqualified for using a unicycle.

I don't always drive a sports car, but when I do it's a Porsche. Stay fast my friends.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Porsche 718 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in