Porsche 718 Forum banner

Porsche Connect

4K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  4802 
#1 ·
Anyone in the U.K. owned their 718 for two years able to help?

When you buy a new 718 in the U.K. you get 24 months free Porsche Connect.

I think the only real benefit of this is the live maps, that tell you if there’s a traffic jam ahead.

What happens when the free content runs out?

Will the maps still work, but you lose the live traffic updates and any updates to the maps.
Will Apple Car Play still work or do you have to pay a subscription for this?
When does the car get any software updates, is that via Porsche Connect or does this only happen when you take the car in to get it serviced every two years?
How much will it cost to keep Porsche Connect just for the maps?

When I asked the dealer when I brought the car he didn’t know and just said there would probably be different packages available.

#4 ·
I find the real time traffic jam data really useful when I set off on my journey as it allows me to alter my route. I just assumed this was part of the regular satnav functionality and not something that has to be renewed after a period. It is probably one of the more useful functions of the satnav for long motorway journeys. I take alternate routes on a regular basis because of this.

My car is almost two years old but I have only owned it 7 months

#5 ·
Let us know what packages you get offered and how much they charge for them when yours runs out.
Looking on Porsche’s Connect Website I believe that they want to charge £159 ? for the live mapping, don’t know if that’s for a year or longer though.
Seems expensive just for live maps.
There are some other options on the website but don’t know if they’re worth getting.

#6 · (Edited)
Take a look at the attached screen shot & things should become clearer. I've only very recently paid it & it was £119.00 that I was charged. You'll also see the full list of services it includes. The most important one for me was actually Gracenote online of all things, because the car uses it for the identification of uploaded music tracks. ;)

Attachments

#7 ·
Thanks @Chilli

£119 a year is a lot of money to pay just for live mapping
(I think that’s the only part of Porsche Connect I’d be interested in)

Does the live mapping work in Europe as well as the U.K.
A road trip / Holiday on the continent may make the cost more palatable.

#8 · (Edited)
I've no idea with the live mapping to be honest, I rarely use the Sat Nav at all as I already know where Tesco's is. :D I primarily paid because as I said above, I wanted Gracenote. That + having features on the car that I knew no longer functioned because I'd been too tight fisted to pay a subscription would bug the s**t out of me. ;)

#11 ·
@Chilli
What do you use Gracenote for?
Is it just to identify songs playing on the radio?
All my music is on an SD Card in the dash and display’s Track Info and Cover Art I assume off the SD Card.
I also have all my Music on an iPhone if I could be bothered to plug it in to the USB socket in the armrest.
What will I lose by not having Gracenote?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.