Car Detailing Products - Porsche 718 Forum
 64Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 115 Old 03-15-2018, 03:58 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Car Detailing Products

Running out of cool car detailing product to buy, any suggestions? What cool thing have you found that rocks your world?

2018/991.2 GT Silver Metallic GT2-RS

"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence" ~ Vince Lombardi

"There are no great men, just great challenges which ordinary men, out of necessity, are forced by circumstances to meet" ~ Fleet Admiral William F. Halsey Jr.

Last edited by Porsche2018; 03-16-2018 at 06:29 AM.
post #2 of 115 Old 03-15-2018, 08:44 PM

Now I only use Griot products. They are petroleum free. They have a web site with detailing instructions that can be used with any brand. I don't know how much I can say on this site but I have clear bra on 4 of my cars & Griot's works well. There Best Of Show Wax is hard to remove but looks fantastic. Put on 3 coats before removing. I use Poly Wax on the 2 daily drivers. If you have clear bra make sure to use petroleum free products. I have no affiliation with Griot's, just like what they sell & their customer service. Rick
R Doug and rvacs like this.
post #3 of 115 Old 03-15-2018, 08:49 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by My718isPorsche#5 View Post
Now I only use Griot products. They are petroleum free. They have a web site with detailing instructions that can be used with any brand. I don't know how much I can say on this site but I have clear bra on 4 of my cars & Griot's works well. There Best Of Show Wax is hard to remove but looks fantastic. Put on 3 coats before removing. I use Poly Wax on the 2 daily drivers. If you have clear bra make sure to use petroleum free products. I have no affiliation with Griot's, just like what they sell & their customer service. Rick
Thanks Rick will explore those products and yes, as you stated, no Petroleum products on the PPF. I purchased and am waiting on Pinnacle Signature Series II Carnauba Paste Wax and will post as soon as I get a chance to use it.

"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence" ~ Vince Lombardi

"There are no great men, just great challenges which ordinary men, out of necessity, are forced by circumstances to meet" ~ Fleet Admiral William F. Halsey Jr.

post #4 of 115 Old 03-16-2018, 12:48 AM

Garage
Quote:
I also use Griot's products as well and have been very happy for years.
Porsche2018 and rvacs like this.

2018 718 in Black Black Interior, Premium Package, Porsche Exclusive Carrera Sport 20" Wheels, Speed Yellow Dials, Seatbelts and Ext Color match Interior.
*sold* 2015 991 911 Carrera Amaranth Red Metallic
*sold* 2015 Panamera 4 in Agate Gray
*sold* 2015 981 Cayman in Carrera White
2016 Cayenne Base in Carrera White
post #5 of 115 Old 03-16-2018, 05:46 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
There Best Of Show Wax is hard to remove but looks fantastic. Put on 3 coats before removing.
Do you mean you apply and let three layers of wax dry before removing it or you do three wax applications each time?

The "Best of Show" do you use the liquid or paste?

Last edited by Porsche2018; 03-16-2018 at 06:18 AM.
post #6 of 115 Old 03-16-2018, 11:34 AM

I put on one coat in the morning and let it dry for a while. After lunch I put on coat #2 and let it dry over night. The next morning put on coat #3 & let it dry for a couple hours then hand wipe and hand buff. Spots that I think are requiring to much rubbing I spray a light misting of Speed Shine. Before doing any waxing I use Paint Cleaning Clay if needed. Lightly run your hand over the roof & trunks & if you feel bunps Clay it. I use the 3 inch and 6 inch orbital buffer. Rick
Porsche2018 and dhc3 like this.
post #7 of 115 Old 03-16-2018, 11:43 AM

I too also use only products from Griot. It's waterless and works really well.

Quote:
Porsche2018 likes this.
post #8 of 115 Old 03-16-2018, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
I put on one coat in the morning and let it dry for a while. After lunch I put on coat #2 and let it dry over night. The next morning put on coat #3 & let it dry for a couple hours then hand wipe and hand buff. Spots that I think are requiring to much rubbing I spray a light misting of Speed Shine. Before doing any waxing I use Paint Cleaning Clay if needed. Lightly run your hand over the roof & trunks & if you feel bunps Clay it. I use the 3 inch and 6 inch orbital buffer. Rick

Three coats must shine like crazy; do you use the paste or liquid wax?

post #9 of 115 Old 03-16-2018, 03:19 PM

Liquid. Here is the Cayman @ James Dean Memorial on the way to Laguna Seca last year.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1156.JPG
Views:	322
Size:	133.9 KB
ID:	10033  
post #10 of 115 Old 03-16-2018, 03:38 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Liquid. Here is the Cayman @ James Dean Memorial on the way to Laguna Seca last year.
Great looking, is that Guards?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Porsche 718 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page