Thoughts on Collinite Wax? - Porsche 718 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2019, 07:37 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Thoughts on Collinite Wax?

I received an email advertising a sale on Collinite wax products. Does anyone have experience with this product? Likes or dislikes?

I currently use Blackfire and P21s sealant and wax products and am happy with the results but am always looking for better, longer-lasting products.

Current: 2018 Cayman, Black with black leather interior, Cayman S wheels, 6MT, numerous performance and luxury options
Previous: 2014 Cayman, Black with black interior, Cayman S wheels, 6MT
Previous: 1986 944, Stone Gray with black interior, phone dial wheels, 5MT
Old 03-26-2019, 09:26 AM

I love(love, love,love) Collinite 850 Metal wax for the Stainless on my boat. It is the only thing I will use. It lasts the entire season and will hold up better than anything else I have found. Been using it for over twenty years. I like it so much, I've given it to friends as a present.

I discovered it years ago when I was shopping for some wax for my boat in Ft. Lauderdale. Usually I go into West Marine and get the bored "why are you disturbing me?" look. In this particularly store, it was packed with hard core boaters and a 30 min discussion ensued by with about 8 people over the merits of this product vs that product. It was entertaining and informative until my wife decided it wasn't.

I've also used the Fleet Wax on my boat but not as sure about it. Usually a go with a 3M product or Starbrite with Teflon for fiberglass.

Oh...my cars gets anything I have lying around...which is usually nothing. I just slap on some Speedshine occasionally but even that is unlikely. Once every year or two I'll use some generic McGuires on those. Collinite is too pricey for them...LOL.
Old 03-26-2019, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchiProf View Post
I received an email advertising a sale on Collinite wax products. Does anyone have experience with this product? Likes or dislikes?
I have used Collinite 845 on all of my cars for years with great results. A little goes a long way when applying and the effectivneness lasts a long time.

My routine is very simple: Meguire's 205 if needed to polish, 2 coats Jescar Power Lock (8 hours apart), 2 lights coats 845. It creates a nice candy shell that makes it very easy to maintain for months. Bugs and bird crap come off very easy. The beading and shine is amazing.

Collinite has been around for decades and is one of those products that seem to good to be true. Especially at the price point it is offered at. There are many other great products out there, but for me 845 has always exceeded my expectations, so I stay with it.

Old 03-26-2019, 07:49 PM
don

I've used Collinite 845 Insulator Wax.

I'd say it has the best hydrophobic properties than most other waxes and is reasonably durable.

I compared the water beading to recently applied ceramic coating and teh Collinite was better but of course didn't last as long.

Application is also very easy, not like a paste wax.

Probably one of the best bang for your buck products out there.

2019 Cayman GTS GT Silver arrived...
Old 03-26-2019, 11:58 PM

Add me to the list of Collinite 845 Insulator Wax users. I like it, provides long lasting protection.
Old 03-28-2019, 01:57 PM

Collinite 845 Insulator Wax is one of the longest lasting, easiest to apply waxes there is. I recommend applying it as the last step in your detailing regiment. I always apply it after polishing / synthetic wax. It makes the car look "wet" and glossy.

-Mike

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Outstanding Exhaust Solutions, Fair Pricing, and Quality Service
(855) 486-1400

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-29-2019, 07:10 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks everyone!

Current: 2018 Cayman, Black with black leather interior, Cayman S wheels, 6MT, numerous performance and luxury options
Previous: 2014 Cayman, Black with black interior, Cayman S wheels, 6MT
Previous: 1986 944, Stone Gray with black interior, phone dial wheels, 5MT
Old 03-29-2019, 10:32 AM

How does Collinite 845 'cooperate' with PPF wraps? Any experience?
Old 03-29-2019, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveInHouston View Post
How does Collinite 845 'cooperate' with PPF wraps? Any experience?

I fully detailed my car, including 2 applications of Collinite 845 before the PPF went on a couple days later. Was concerned beforehand if I should be doing that, but my PPF installer assured me it would be fine. It has been on my car now for 3 months and is doing just fine. I'm using Sunteck Ultra with a track kit.
Old 03-30-2019, 12:44 AM
don

There is a new product from G-technic called halo specifically designed for PPF.

Personally, I think Collinite 845 has too many solvents to be putting on PPF, at least by the smell of it. Maybe I'm wrong.

I've heard people put Carpro Reload on PPF, and Meguiar’s NXT poylmer paint sealant. The NXT is synthetic so probably a good one to put on PPF. Also good value.

I've also heard you can put good quality waxes like Zymol on PPF.

Personally I am going PPF-Halo-NXT

2019 Cayman GTS GT Silver arrived...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Porsche 718 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in