718ís in FL - Porsche 718 Forum
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 29 Old 03-17-2018, 10:36 AM Thread Starter

718ís in FL

I was on vacation in Florida last week (Miami/Delray Beach) and saw more 718ís in 4 days then I will probably ever see in my lifetime where I live (Northern CT). In fact, Iíve never seen a 718 on the road (only at the dealers), so I was amazed at how many I saw (7-8) in just 4 days in FL. In my area of the country (Northern CT) you rarely see a Porsche, let alone a 718. Itís uniqness (in my area) is one of the things I like about the car. Iíll feel like Iím the only one that owns one.

How common are Porsches/718ís where you live?

2018 718C, GT Silver, Full Leather Interior in Black/Bordeaux, PDK, 19Ē Cayman S Wheels, Wheel Center Caps with Colored Porsche Crest, 14 Ways Seats with Memory Package, Premium Package, Deletion of Model Designation, Power Folding Side Mirrors, Extended Range Fuel Tank, Light Design Package, Heated Multifunction Steering Wheel, Smoking Package, Porsche Crest on Headrests, Brushed Aluminum Package, Porsche Connect and Bose.
post #2 of 29 Old 03-17-2018, 10:48 AM

I think there is one, maybe two 718ís (Caymans) in the building where I live. Iíve seen some 718 Boxters and Caymans around town. Miami is like a little LA, so you are bound to see fancier cars driving around as opposed to somewhere like La Belle FL, for example, which is orange grove country. Didnít see any Porsches around there.
post #3 of 29 Old 03-17-2018, 12:57 PM

In Los Angeles, I see tons of 911s, Panameras, Cayennes and Macans, but very few 718s. I mean surprisingly few.

Then I drove a 982 6MT. Clouds parted.
Golden rays of sunshine kissed the waters of the Pacific.
Orchestral music rose to a crescendo. Angels wept.
And my order was placed.

2018 Cayman 6MT
Graphite Blue/Agate Grey

post #4 of 29 Old 03-17-2018, 01:02 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLip View Post
In Los Angeles, I see tons of 911s, Panameras, Cayennes and Macans, but very few 718s. I mean surprisingly few.
Same in much of the UK. But there are a lot of 718 nearly new and demonstrators on Porsche approved used websites. Very few 911's. Hope that's not an indication of future depreciation potential.
post #5 of 29 Old 03-17-2018, 01:48 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
I have not seen one 718 on the road over the past 7 months of ownership but I have to tell you people greatly admire the car. I can't tell you how many people, mostly women, taking pictures of the car when I am out and about. Undoubtedly the 718 is beautiful car.
Guaji, Peter, tfcoll and 1 others like this.

2018/991.2 GT Silver Metallic GT2-RS

"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence" ~ Vince Lombardi

"There are no great men, just great challenges which ordinary men, out of necessity, are forced by circumstances to meet" ~ Fleet Admiral William F. Halsey Jr.
post #6 of 29 Old 03-17-2018, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
Same in much of the UK. But there are a lot of 718 nearly new and demonstrators on Porsche approved used websites. Very few 911's. Hope that's not an indication of future depreciation potential.
The U.K. media has been generally hard on the 718....as if they all pick up their cue from Chris Harris/Evo. That's my impression as a Yank, anyway. Contrast that to Car&Driver here.

From my frequent perusal of U.S. dealer inventories (new and CPO), I discern no pattern of a 718 backlog versus 911 (often more of the rear-engine models; and more pre-owned 981s than 718s). In fact if you're shopping for a manual Boxster on the "forecourt" (as I think you call it)....darn near impossible to find one anywhere.

eta: maybe more Brits buying non-supercar mid-engine opt for Lotus (very rare in states), Alpine and Alfa (non-existent).

Last edited by ZuffenHouseRules; 03-17-2018 at 04:59 PM.
post #7 of 29 Old 03-17-2018, 05:58 PM Thread Starter

BTW - my post was not indicating poor sales, rather the differences there are from region to region in terms of Porsche/718 sightings. I find it interesting that in some areas of the country you see a ton of Porsches and in others, like mine, hardly any. I guess, in general, it’s just a matter of how affluent the area is.

2018 718C, GT Silver, Full Leather Interior in Black/Bordeaux, PDK, 19Ē Cayman S Wheels, Wheel Center Caps with Colored Porsche Crest, 14 Ways Seats with Memory Package, Premium Package, Deletion of Model Designation, Power Folding Side Mirrors, Extended Range Fuel Tank, Light Design Package, Heated Multifunction Steering Wheel, Smoking Package, Porsche Crest on Headrests, Brushed Aluminum Package, Porsche Connect and Bose.
post #8 of 29 Old 03-17-2018, 09:37 PM

I have only seen one 718C other than my 718B--and I know it was on loan from the dealer for testing.

I did see one pic of me in the Boxster on the local "Adelaide Exotic Car Spotting" website.
post #9 of 29 Old 03-17-2018, 10:06 PM

My wife and I made a trip in our 718 Graphite Blue from Montgomery, AL to Virginia Beach, VA. We received so much complements on the car and the color. It seemed like every stop every gas station someone was complementing us. Heads turn to look at our car on highway too.

2009 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
2014 VW Jetta GLI
2017 Porsche Cayman 718
post #10 of 29 Old 03-17-2018, 10:11 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderstrike View Post
My wife and I made a trip in our 718 Graphite Blue from Montgomery, AL to Virginia Beach, VA. We received so much complements on the car and the color. It seemed like every stop every gas station someone was complementing us. Heads turn to look at our car on highway too.
Really, that kind of reaction to Graphite Blue, hmmmmm. Though, I have to inform you both GregW and I both agree that the best color/colour is Miami Blue.

2018/991.2 GT Silver Metallic GT2-RS

"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence" ~ Vince Lombardi

"There are no great men, just great challenges which ordinary men, out of necessity, are forced by circumstances to meet" ~ Fleet Admiral William F. Halsey Jr.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Porsche 718 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page