Sport Chrono/PASM - Switching? - Porsche 718 Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By dekilla

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 04-25-2019, 04:39 AM Thread Starter
vhs

Sport Chrono/PASM - Switching?

The manual is pretty basic in this. Turn the dial for the different modes.

Do I need to have the car stopped to change these, or is it OK to do when driving?

PASM - can I hit the switch while driving or does it need to be stopped?

Also, how long do I need to wait in between hitting the Sport Response button? Ids it OK to use this feature often, or is it taking miles off of the engine life?

Thanks a lot,
Valerie

2018 CPO 718C, Sport Chrono, PASM, PTV, PDK, 20" Carrera S, GT Wheel, Connect w/ApplePlay, Wht/Blk w/ Guards Red belts
post #2 of 4 Old 04-25-2019, 04:54 AM

You can change modes on the fly. Thats how they are designed. No stop - just switch an enjoy.

You can press Sport Response as often you like. No need for idle time. It doesn´t hurt or wear out anything.

Same for the launch control... tires OK! - they will suffer
Beardy likes this.
post #3 of 4 Old 04-25-2019, 09:15 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by vhs View Post
The manual is pretty basic in this. Turn the dial for the different modes.

Do I need to have the car stopped to change these, or is it OK to do when driving?

PASM - can I hit the switch while driving or does it need to be stopped?

Also, how long do I need to wait in between hitting the Sport Response button? Ids it OK to use this feature often, or is it taking miles off of the engine life?

Thanks a lot,
Valerie
I don't have the PDK but if I did, and had the Sport Response button, I could imagine using it on expressway on and off ramps with nice long curves. With my manual transmission, I do normally drive in Sport mode nearly all the time, going to Normal mode only when a little quieter would be appreciated by others. My Individual selection has Sport mode plus PASM Sport mode (listed as "suspension" in the options) and I have been known to switch to that in place of Sport Response.

JazzCatGab
Kentucky
2019 Base Cayman
-----------------------
Manual shift, 18" wheels, PASM, Sports Chrono, black tailpipes, cellphone compartment, CarPlay, PE&D

post #4 of 4 Old 04-25-2019, 12:11 PM Thread Starter
vhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzCatGab View Post
I don't have the PDK but if I did, and had the Sport Response button, I could imagine using it on expressway on and off ramps with nice long curves.
... and in many other situations too

Thank you both for the info.

2018 CPO 718C, Sport Chrono, PASM, PTV, PDK, 20" Carrera S, GT Wheel, Connect w/ApplePlay, Wht/Blk w/ Guards Red belts

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Porsche 718 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page