Cost for PPF - Page 3 - Porsche 718 Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 27 Old 01-20-2019, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche2018 View Post
Two experiences with Porsches:

1. 2018 718 CS and had the full front end, backs of mirrors and rocker panels for $2000 using Llumar Ultimate. The job was performed by Park Place Porsche and the first go around there were numerous rolled edges and debris trapped under the PPF. They removed it and reapplied the PPF and it was still a low quality job. Moral of the story, for me, I will never have the dealership perform that kind of work again. Understanding, of course, there may be dealerships out there that do acceptable work.

2. 2019 991.2 GT3-RS and had full coverage to include the headlights and my illuminated carbon fiber door sills for ~5.2K. This work was performed in Austin by Rene who works for Sunbusters and the job was flawless. Have placed about 3K miles on my 3RS and paint/headlights still look brand new/chip free.

The advice I would give is be less concerned about the price and more concerned about the skills of the vendor. It doesn't matter what material they use if their skills are lacking they can screw things up royally.
Hah! Austin here as well. I was at a Firestone for alignment a few months ago and talked to a guy about his PPF. He mentioned Rene at Sunbusters as well. When I finally get my 718 I think I'll have to take that route.

Future: 2020 Cayman, base + numerous options
Current: 2010 Volkswagen GTI, plaid seats, 2-door, Carbon Steel Gray
Past: 1987 Audi 5000S, 1997 Honda Civic EX
post #22 of 27 Old 01-20-2019, 03:54 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schredder View Post
Has anyone covered their car with PPF and how much did you pay. I'm looking for an idea of how much it will cost to do the whole car
The dealership is charging me 4000 for the whole car except back half of the roof and trunk lid. Not too bad
post #23 of 27 Old 01-20-2019, 06:37 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graustark View Post
Hah! Austin here as well. I was at a Firestone for alignment a few months ago and talked to a guy about his PPF. He mentioned Rene at Sunbusters as well. When I finally get my 718 I think I'll have to take that route.
You absolutely will not disappointed. I am thinking about getting another Porsche and I will undoubtedly have Rene do it. My wife and I are super meticulous and when we picked up the car after the job was complete we went over every inch of the car with mag flashlights and we were ecstatic with the high quality of the job. Rene removed the NACA ducts, side air vents, and wing to minimize exposed edges and it looks amazing.
Graustark likes this.

2018/991.2 GT Silver Metallic GT2-RS

"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence" ~ Vince Lombardi

"There are no great men, just great challenges which ordinary men, out of necessity, are forced by circumstances to meet" ~ Fleet Admiral William F. Halsey Jr.

post #24 of 27 Old 01-22-2019, 04:53 PM

I had my tint done at Sunbusters and had to bring it back. There are some more issues, and I'll probably have to bring it back again. I also think they may have scratched my passenger side window.
post #25 of 27 Old 01-22-2019, 05:07 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by limniscate View Post
I had my tint done at Sunbusters and had to bring it back. There are some more issues, and I'll probably have to bring it back again. I also think they may have scratched my passenger side window.
The tint and PPF shops are different and at different locations. Not inclined to tint so can't speak to that side of the business.

"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence" ~ Vince Lombardi

"There are no great men, just great challenges which ordinary men, out of necessity, are forced by circumstances to meet" ~ Fleet Admiral William F. Halsey Jr.
post #26 of 27 Old 01-22-2019, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche2018 View Post
The tint and PPF shops are different and at different locations. Not inclined to tint so can't speak to that side of the business.
They were able to do my tint at the same location at the PPF. Didn't realize that I could do that, but just asked they said no problem. I had the Llumar Pinnacle Formula One installed. Came out well. As did the PPF by Rene. Poor guy looks like he needs a vacation.
post #27 of 27 Old 01-22-2019, 06:52 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzyzx View Post
As did the PPF by Rene. Poor guy looks like he needs a vacation.
Absolutely, he is a hard worker with very high standards and an impeccable skill set.
Zzyzx likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Porsche 718 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page