door pull styling question - Porsche 718 Forum
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 05-26-2019, 11:08 AM Thread Starter

door pull styling question

I am guilty of regularly standing in my garage admiring the magnificent lines of this car. However, there are a couple of things that seem to break up the curves/lines. The oval gas/petrol lid really doesn't fit the styling, but, I know this is a Porsche trade mark and I'm happy to have it. The only other thing that I wonder about is the door pulls. Many/most new cars have flush pulls that keep the "flat" lines consistent. Without any previous Porsche history, I question if this is also a Porsche trait passed down through the generations. If so, I'm happy to have them as well. If not, I wonder why they have not yet gone the recessed route.
post #2 of 11 Old 05-26-2019, 11:10 AM

Garage
I like the way they are honestly.
Graustark likes this.

2019 718S Stick, Night Blue Metallic, Black/Luxor Beige Leather, Power Sport Seats with Memory, Sport Chrono, misc other.
post #3 of 11 Old 05-26-2019, 05:00 PM

Garage
The door handles on the new 992 are flush with the door panel.

post #4 of 11 Old 05-26-2019, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris NZ View Post
This^
...and a LOT of people don't like them at all.

Personalty, I like the current handles just fine
Viffermike and 718S like this.
post #5 of 11 Old 05-26-2019, 05:40 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTgr8r View Post
This^
...and a LOT of people don't like them at all.

Personalty, I like the current handles just fine
Looking to fix a problem that didnít exist. I donít think Iíve ever cared for flush mounted handles.
RussellHodgson likes this.

2019 718S Stick, Night Blue Metallic, Black/Luxor Beige Leather, Power Sport Seats with Memory, Sport Chrono, misc other.
post #6 of 11 Old 05-26-2019, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris NZ View Post
Personally I don't like flush door handles & much prefer the handles as fitted to a 718. For that matter I like the oval fuel flap as well & think it fits in with the styling absolutely perfectly.
RussellHodgson, InTgr8r and 718S like this.
post #7 of 11 Old 05-26-2019, 05:56 PM

I have never given it a second thought but I have had a number of people comment on the cool door handles when they use them.

Personally I am happy with the exterior styling and feel the flush style handles are a bit of a fashion thing and will look dated later.

2018 Cayman GTS
post #8 of 11 Old 05-27-2019, 04:22 AM

Flush door handles only increase scratches in that area. I like the prodruting handles just fine.
post #9 of 11 Old 05-29-2019, 07:11 PM

my2019 CGTS is yellow and I had the door handles done in high gloss black , and the wheels , rear spoiler and sport design. Even the window triangle and trim in high gloss black , just to accentuate it. So I guess you could say I really like them . No regrets and people comment on how nice the contrast looks.
Chilli and Viffermike like this.
post #10 of 11 Old 06-12-2019, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosmo View Post
Flush door handles only increase scratches in that area. I like the prodruting handles just fine.
The flush door handles on the new 992 are absolutely horrible. My wife's hand slipped off & she broke a nail opening the door of one this Monday 10th June. Would their constant use lead to scratches? I'm absolutely positive that would be the case, because they're a little awkward & unnatural to use & very shallow (hence why my wife's hand slipped off). For that matter I don't much care for the interior either. The steering wheel is quite cheap & nasty in appearance. The PCM screen is now set far closer to the passenger & further away from the actual driver (instead of centrally located). That just doesn't any make sense to me. Then there's that absolutely pathetic & dumpy little PDK selector. Just why?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Porsche 718 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page