Chalk leather: does it show marks and dirt? - Page 2 - Porsche 718 Forum
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 Old 04-16-2019, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche2018 View Post
Wow those are significant stains. I never even got even a spot on my chalk leather. Every time I would clean my Porsche I would use Meguiar's X-Press spray wax on a white microfiber towels and wipe the seats down. I would not spray the X-Press on the seats but spray it directly on white microfiber towel and wipe all surfaces as part of the car detailing and it took maybe 15 minutes. I would also use a second white microfiber towel if any "knock down" was needed.
In fact, I have used this cleaning technique with great success on all three Porsches.
To be fair, I have done zero protection or cleaning of the seats until now. However, the jeans are random jeans from TJ Max, nothing special at all, but dark blue. It is a concern, but does appear reversible, luckily.

chris
Porsche2018 likes this.
post #12 of 17 Old 04-16-2019, 02:29 AM

Garage
I avoid wearing blue jeans. And for the rare occasion that I have a passenger that does wear blue jeans I have a nice flat cushion with a Porsche logo on it.
I have my 718 with chalk leather for 17 months and have driven it for 14k miles. The leather still looks as new.
Porsche2018 likes this.
post #13 of 17 Old 04-16-2019, 01:44 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
I am so tired of the Porsche dealerships with all the black interiors. Even the GT cars you are forced to do the Black Alcantara at least I was able to do the Red/Black Alcantara with my 2RS which looks pretty cool.
As I have said before, the Chalk interior especially combined with the MB exterior is absolutely stunning.
janneman99 likes this.

2018/991.2 GT Silver Metallic GT2-RS

"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence" ~ Vince Lombardi

"There are no great men, just great challenges which ordinary men, out of necessity, are forced by circumstances to meet" ~ Fleet Admiral William F. Halsey Jr.

Last edited by Porsche2018; 04-16-2019 at 01:54 PM.

post #14 of 17 Old 04-17-2019, 01:39 AM

Garage
Quote:
I am so tired of the Porsche dealerships with all the black interiors. Even the GT cars you are forced to do the Black Alcantara at least I was able to do the Red/Black Alcantara with my 2RS which looks pretty cool.
As I have said before, the Chalk interior especially combined with the MB exterior is absolutely stunning.
It is, isn't it?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20171208_145430.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	191.9 KB
ID:	20982  
Porsche2018 likes this.
post #15 of 17 Old 04-17-2019, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Every non-GTS 718 that I see at any Porsche dealership has an all-black interior and the base gray trim pieces. So boring!

But I get it. I know the dealers are picking options for their allocations based on what is easiest to sell. During my test drives a few days ago they had 20 different 718s available. NONE had manual transmission.

Future: 2020 Cayman, base + numerous options
Current: 2010 Volkswagen GTI, plaid seats, 2-door, Carbon Steel Gray
Past: 1987 Audi 5000S, 1997 Honda Civic EX
post #16 of 17 Old 04-17-2019, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janneman99 View Post
It is, isn't it?
Gorgeous! That interior combo is fantastic. Perfect use of the color-matched trim pieces option. I guess you need that tropical Miami Blue to combat the gray rain clouds of the Netherlands.
janneman99 likes this.

Future: 2020 Cayman, base + numerous options
Current: 2010 Volkswagen GTI, plaid seats, 2-door, Carbon Steel Gray
Past: 1987 Audi 5000S, 1997 Honda Civic EX
post #17 of 17 Old 04-17-2019, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graustark View Post
Every non-GTS 718 that I see at any Porsche dealership has an all-black interior and the base gray trim pieces. So boring!

But I get it. I know the dealers are picking options for their allocations based on what is easiest to sell. During my test drives a few days ago they had 20 different 718s available. NONE had manual transmission.
There was a well spec'd 718 CS on my local Porsche dealers lot forever, it seemed. It was the unusual color combination of chalk exterior with a chalk and black interior. I didn't like the look at all. The discount didn't improve my opinion one bit. And so it sat for months. I would've bought that car with all black interior.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Porsche 718 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page