How much leather - Page 2 - Porsche 718 Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 13 Old 03-08-2019, 10:04 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Most motor vehicle leather, with VERY FEW exceptions, has a polyurethane coating.

And here I was thinking that the term leather only applied to the "pure" animal skin with only dyes and preservatives.
Luckily I did not spec full leather just to rub my butt in pure cowskin, but because I like the look of all the surfaces covered in "leather" much better than the moulded rubber/plastic panels.
post #12 of 13 Old 03-08-2019, 04:39 PM

Garage
I was getting the Black & Red combo interior. The full leather option puts beautiful red stitching all around and overall looks v/ elegant. The standard interior w/ black and red has really oddly chosen elements of color. If I were spec'ing all black (which I could never do), I probably would have been fine w/ the standard.

The answer is always both.
post #13 of 13 Old 03-15-2019, 09:45 PM

I have the standard black interior on my 2017 Cayman 2.0L. I like the pure sportiness of it. Like the base 718, it is pure sports car to me--no distractions. That said, I have upgraded the interior a bit with some leather. I added the leather Porsche crest console lid and leather (European without warning sticker) leather sun visors. I am thinking of adding Porsche red contrast seat belts for a splash of color. My daily driver is a BMW X2 with a black Dakota leather interior. The seats are leather in the BMW (use the smell test to determine leather from faux leather), but I found the leather seating surfaces of my Porsche Cayman to be a better grade than the BMW. Mostly, I like the way my 718 Cayman drives--driver engagement is much more important than the amount of leather covered surfaces. The soft-touch non-leathr material used in the Porsche interior is pretty nice stuff and looks great and wears well.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Porsche 718 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page