The 5 fastest street-legal Porsches **** - Porsche 718 Forum
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 Old 02-24-2019, 11:04 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Exclamation The 5 fastest street-legal Porsches ****

For everyone's enjoyment - This ought to give you something to look forward to (as it passes you by) - Some of you own one of these.....

TEST DRyVer and Raz0rEdge like this.
post #2 of 18 Old 02-25-2019, 08:15 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Great video, thanks for posting.

2018/991.2 GT Silver Metallic GT2-RS

"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence" ~ Vince Lombardi

"There are no great men, just great challenges which ordinary men, out of necessity, are forced by circumstances to meet" ~ Fleet Admiral William F. Halsey Jr.
post #3 of 18 Old 02-25-2019, 10:25 AM

You only have one more purchase to reach the pinnacle - go for it
Porsche2018 likes this.

post #4 of 18 Old 02-27-2019, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLJJ View Post
You only have one more purchase to reach the pinnacle - go for it
Are you talking about Porsche 2018? He has the current pinnacle! The GT2-RS is the fastest production Porsche ever made! Yeah, the 918 might have a slightly higher top speed, but I doubt he will ever achieve the current top speed of the GT2. On almost any track in the world, given the same driver, the GT2-RS is the pinnacle! Mr Porsche 2018 is tha man! He has great taste, and he's also sharing his Porsche passion with his wife. In my opinion, that last part might be costly (to turn your wife into a Porsche lover), but it is 100% commendable! Keep rockin on and giving the rest of something to shoot for... For the ultimate pat on the back, he's chosen to stay here, in our forum and continue contributing. Even though he sold his 718 2 cars ago... That says a lot about his personality, loyalty, and the shtt selection of other Porsche forums

2018 718 Cayman 6mt, Graphite Blue Metallic, PDLS, Sport Seats Plus (18-way) with Memory Package, Sport-Tex Seat Centers in Graphite Blue/Chalk, Carrera Sport Wheels, PASM, GT Sport Steering wheel, LCA. Mods - VR Tune Stage 2 ECU and Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires in GT4 sizes.

Family Car: 2015 BMW 335i M-sport with adaptive suspension and complete Stage 2 with Full Bolt-ons.
post #5 of 18 Old 02-27-2019, 06:06 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEST DRyVer View Post
Are you talking about Porsche 2018? He has the current pinnacle! The GT2-RS is the fastest production Porsche ever made! Yeah, the 918 might have a slightly higher top speed, but I doubt he will ever achieve the current top speed of the GT2. On almost any track in the world, given the same driver, the GT2-RS is the pinnacle! Mr Porsche 2018 is tha man! He has great taste, and he's also sharing his Porsche passion with his wife. In my opinion, that last part might be costly (to turn your wife into a Porsche lover), but it is 100% commendable! Keep rockin on and giving the rest of something to shoot for... For the ultimate pat on the back, he's chosen to stay here, in our forum and continue contributing. Even though he sold his 718 2 cars ago... That says a lot about his personality, loyalty, and the shtt selection of other Porsche forums
We're good with the GT2 for the foreseeable future, and to be honest the the 2RS has more potential then I will ever have in terms of driving skills. I made the jump to the 2RS because if the Porsche history holds true it won't be produced again for 8 years (+/-) so it was something we both wanted to do this go around.
Thanks @ testDRyVer for the kind words, and as always, the excellent humor and wit. .
The great collection of quality people on the 718 forum is what keeps many of us coming back...............
TEST DRyVer likes this.

"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence" ~ Vince Lombardi

"There are no great men, just great challenges which ordinary men, out of necessity, are forced by circumstances to meet" ~ Fleet Admiral William F. Halsey Jr.
post #6 of 18 Old 02-27-2019, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche2018 View Post
I made the jump to the 2RS because if the Porsche history holds true it won't be produced again for 8 years (+/-) so it was something we both wanted to do this go around.
That is awesome. Inspirational!

I don't have much history with the brand hence still learning the ropes. Wouldn't that make a marked jump in the value of the existing ones such as your one?

..and please forgive the stupid question in advance, are they still making them as 2019 year version?
post #7 of 18 Old 02-28-2019, 07:19 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami Blue View Post
That is awesome. Inspirational!

I don't have much history with the brand hence still learning the ropes. Wouldn't that make a marked jump in the value of the existing ones such as your one?

..and please forgive the stupid question in advance, are they still making them as 2019 year version?
Thanks....I also am new to the brand as well. I believe Porsche will produce a limited number of 2019s that should all be delivered by March of this year. The configurable allocations are no longer available. Although, these cars are not numbered and Porsche rarely if ever releases production figures though, there are "rumored" to be around 1000 2RSs produced this go around. Regarding the value, I never drink the Porsche cool-aid when it comes to resale and appreciation, and if I were concerned about resale then I would have to essentially bubble wrap the car and not drive if for several years which I am absolutely not willing to do. I had one SA tell me hold onto the 2RS and keep the mileage low, he means very low, and it will be worth a million dollars in 20 years.........that is just sales nonsense/hype. I will lose less on the GT cars but I am not betting on making any money......if I get out clean I will be happy.
One other thing, if you are new to the brand take all the Youtube videos and relegate them to entertainment for I am more than a little bit skeptical about the over exuberant claims about the cars they test drive especially after only driving the car for in most cases a couple of hours if even that much. I may be cynical but I suspect they are, in some cases, acting as shills for the car manufacturer.
Lastly, after having driven the 2RS for a several hundred miles I can easily tell this car is very special in its handling and steering I cannot be more technical than that except to say this car makes any driver, even me, imagine they (I) have "talent".................it's that good.

post #8 of 18 Old 02-28-2019, 10:59 AM

Garage
Cool video.

Imperial conversion means the slowest car in that video goes about 205 MPH with the speediest being around 215 MPH. Those are amazing numbers for a street car.

But I'm also stunned that even my base model 2.0 Cayman, which is the slowest current Porsche sports car, is listed with a top speed of over 170 MPH.

These are fast cars!
NeTx likes this.

- - - - W.Z.
post #9 of 18 Old 02-28-2019, 11:16 AM

It is amazing that a car from the 1980s is on that list! Just shows how incredible the 959 was for its day.
NeTx likes this.

Current:
2017 718 Cayman S

Previous:
2008 987 Cayman S
2001 986 Boxster
post #10 of 18 Old 03-03-2019, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche2018 View Post
We're good with the GT2 for the foreseeable future, and to be honest the the 2RS has more potential then I will ever have in terms of driving skills. I made the jump to the 2RS because if the Porsche history holds true it won't be produced again for 8 years (+/-) so it was something we both wanted to do this go around.
Thanks @ testDRyVer for the kind words, and as always, the excellent humor and wit. .
The great collection of quality people on the 718 forum is what keeps many of us coming back...............
By the way, & I'm not sure if you're already aware, but according to "Top Gear" your car would apparently be capable of even higher top speed (223 MPH) were it not for the fact it's been artificially limited. If it hadn't been, then Porsche would have needed to pay for new tyre development. It's also set the fastest ever time around the Top Gear test track.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Porsche 718 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page