2019 GT4 ... Rumors updated! - Porsche 718 Forum
 63Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2018, 12:23 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up

Hello everyone. Yes, I'm still the new guy on the block but wanted to share some of the latest "rumors", presumed "factual", based on inside information. Anyone who follows Rennlist knows what I'm talking about BUT for those who don't, thought you might enjoy some more teasers regarding the 2019 GT4. First and obviously foremost. Definite GT4 2019. RS version not approved yet, but still a possibility at some point but many seem to doubt that it will actually transpire. 4.0 liter NA flat 6 powered (read non turbo)! HOWEVER, NOT THE GT3 ENGINE! Supposedly the previous 3.8 liter monster will be stroked to 4.0...with 420 hp! PDK still rumored a possible option (mine will be equipped with a manual transmission!). Predictions for announcement are all over the place. Some say as early as October in Paris, others as late as Geneva, spring 2019. Since clubsport versions, I believe, are supposed to be ready to race early next year, and as many of you are aware, have been testing at least at Monza, perhaps a reveal towards the end of the year? This is one area no one seems to agree upon. Regardless of how these "rumors" play out, the second generation GT4 will be a phenomenal evolution of the first generation, building upon the already remarkable characteristics of the current 718 platform. The mid engine Cayman and it's sister Boxster, have been and continue to be, perhaps two of the finest sports cars ever produced, regardless of marque or price. A near perfect balance of size, performance and handling. A true drivers car. Poor mans Porsche?... I don't think so. Everyone, particularly the doubters, should feel so "impoverished"! I'll keep you all up to date on my 2019 GT4 "lock in" as soon as it's given the "official" green light!
Guaji and FiscNad like this.

Last edited by porkey; 06-16-2018 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Add. Data!
Old 06-16-2018, 12:57 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Very interested to see the redesign of the new GT4. What I have also noted is the pricing on the 2016 GT4s is starting to come down. I was offered a 2016 GT4 with 65 miles on it, essentially new, for MSRP by Plano Porsche a few weeks back. The price decline may be related to the anticipated new release or then again it could be true-true and unrelated; time will tell.

2018/991.2 GT Silver Metallic GT2-RS

"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence" ~ Vince Lombardi

"There are no great men, just great challenges which ordinary men, out of necessity, are forced by circumstances to meet" ~ Fleet Admiral William F. Halsey Jr.
Old 06-16-2018, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

Styling and redesign, although evolutionary, and obviously subjective, based upon ones taste, I think will be sharp looking. The mules are just that...not 100% yet. I'm betting on the characteristic side rear air duct housings/diverters on the final production model (these are seen on the club sport mules testing at Monza). Just a great sports car! Speaking of great...what a deal for someone in the market for a "new" 2016 GT4. But as you're aware, my rubels are tied into the 2019 GT4!

Last edited by porkey; 06-16-2018 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Grammar

Old 06-16-2018, 02:10 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkey View Post
Styling and redesign, although evolutionary, and obviously subjective, based upon ones taste, I think will be sharp looking. The mules are just that...not 100% yet. I'm betting on the characteristic side rear air duct housings/diverters on the final production model (theses are seen on the club sport mules testing at Monza). Just a great sports car! Speaking of great...what a deal for someone in the market for a "new" 2016 GT4. But as you're aware, my rubels are tied into the 2019 GT4!
Have you had a chance to test drive the 2016 GT4? If not I would advise it they are fun cars, and you can get a reasonable deal now. I got the chance to drive one a bit in my quest to see if I should spec Full Bucket or the 18 way. Also I suspect as with most of the GT cars there will be an associated ADM when released. Keep us posted.....love those winged mobiles.

"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence" ~ Vince Lombardi

"There are no great men, just great challenges which ordinary men, out of necessity, are forced by circumstances to meet" ~ Fleet Admiral William F. Halsey Jr.
Old 06-16-2018, 02:19 PM Thread Starter

Almost had a chance but it sold before I could take it for a spin. Though I did get to sit in it and interestingly, that was exactly what I was trying to decide...buckets or 18 way! It didn't take me long to decide. I'm going the comfortable route....the 18 way sport seats, but those racing buckets are super cool looking! Believe it or not, I've been "assured" by my dealership that they do not do ADM's!
Old 06-16-2018, 02:40 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Almost had a chance but it sold before I could take it for a spin. Though I did get to sit in it and interestingly, that was exactly what I was trying to decide...buckets or 18 way! It didn't take me long to decide. I'm going the comfortable route....the 18 way sport seats, but those racing buckets are super cool looking! Believe it or not, I've been "assured" by my dealership that they do not do ADM's!

Great on the no-ADM, way to go! I specced 18-ways then changed to Buckets and changed once more back to the 18-ways.......comfort is the way to go. If I were you I would still scout out a GT4 in your surrounding area Porsche dealerships even if you have to drive a couple of hours to track one down, and take one for a spin they don't disappoint.

Old 06-16-2018, 02:49 PM Thread Starter

Definitely, at least for me, but the buckets were tempting...as I see they were to you, too. I think you/we made the right choice! Besides comfort, the leather with contrasting lava orange stitching, GT4 logo etc., on the 18 ways will look sharp! Also wanted to thank you for replying to my post...thought there would be more members excited to share thoughts regarding the upcoming GT4...
Old 06-16-2018, 03:54 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Definitely, at least for me, but the buckets were tempting...as I see they were to you, too. I think you/we made the right choice! Besides comfort, the leather with contrasting lava orange stitching, GT4 logo etc., on the 18 ways will look sharp! Also wanted to thank you for replying to my post...thought there would be more members excited to share thoughts regarding the upcoming GT4...
I am genuinely interested in all "winged mobiles".......keep us posted.

Old 06-17-2018, 07:31 AM
GTS

I'm genuinely interested in the new GT4, but it will likely be made from "unobtanium" for me. I had a chance to compare my GTS to a '16 GT4 last weekend and the sad truth is that I couldn't get a GT4 over the curb on my driveway. Factory axle lift option, then maybe.

2018 Cayman GTS - Sapphire Blue Metallic
Old 06-17-2018, 08:03 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Front Axle lift is desirable and hopefully that will be added in the next rendition.
RsZk likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Porsche 718 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in