• 1 Post By JakiChan
  • 2 Post By Baka1969
  • 2 Post By trusted
  • 2 Post By porkey
  • 3 Post By Chilli

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 04-03-2019, 01:00 PM Thread Starter

I put my name on the list...GT4 2020???

Went to the Porsche store that the dealership group I work for owns yesterday and I'm number 15 on the list for a GT4.

I love my base Cayman, its a hoot. I just love the idea of 420 hp in this platform and race car handling, plus the looks have me sold.
I might swing for the Spyder though if I have the option. Not crazy about the GT4 wing at this point.

Here's hoping I can take delivery sometime in 2021!

Took delivery 07/11/18: 2018 Base in Miami Blue, PDK, PASM, SportChrono, Sport Seats, Standard Int w/Leather pkg in Black, Miami Blue seat belts, Light Design Pkg, Auto Dimming mirrors and rain sensing wipers, Porsche Connect, 18" Cayman wheels, LED+ headlights, Tinted taillights, Extended range fuel tank, Smoking Package, Luggage Net, Model Designation Delete.
post #2 of 10 Old 04-03-2019, 04:51 PM

Good luck. I like the cayman , but the boxter spyder has that look the regular ones don't
Nickmo718 likes this.
post #3 of 10 Old 04-03-2019, 04:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schredder View Post
Good luck. I like the cayman , but the boxter spyder has that look the regular ones don't
I agree, and top up or down, I think it looks fantastic. #saynotothewing
I don't feel that way about the regular Boxster line, just the Spyder.

Took delivery 07/11/18: 2018 Base in Miami Blue, PDK, PASM, SportChrono, Sport Seats, Standard Int w/Leather pkg in Black, Miami Blue seat belts, Light Design Pkg, Auto Dimming mirrors and rain sensing wipers, Porsche Connect, 18" Cayman wheels, LED+ headlights, Tinted taillights, Extended range fuel tank, Smoking Package, Luggage Net, Model Designation Delete.

post #4 of 10 Old 04-03-2019, 05:14 PM

When I was shopping there was a 981 GT4 in the showroom. I was tempted. But just too harsh to daily. If I could own a dedicated track car the GT4 would be it over GT3.
Nickmo718 likes this.
post #5 of 10 Old 04-03-2019, 05:16 PM

Garage
Ahhh... If only a GT4 Touring would be offered!
Nickmo718 and splinter like this.

May the number of surfaces exceed the number of dives by at least one
post #6 of 10 Old 04-03-2019, 10:51 PM

What's up with the wing hate? Y'all got a problem with down-force?
TEST DRyVer and Nickmo718 like this.
post #7 of 10 Old 04-04-2019, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schredder View Post
Yes, roof up the Spyder looks like someone pitched a tent on top & I can't say I like it much roof down either (it's got a backside like Kim Kardashian). If only the Spyder did look like & retain the practicality of a regular Boxster then I'd be more inclined to order one. Having to pull over & park at the onset of a shower to operate that ridiculously impractical roof mechanism & having to go through the same rigmarole every time you need to leave the car unattended for a few minutes. Then the same, but in reverse just to lower it again, no thanks. I've only ever seen a couple of Spyder's on the road & both had the roof up when I had the roof of my Boxster S down. That's probably because all I need to do to lower mine is slow down & operate the switch. I doubt I'd have the roof on a Spyder open for even 10% of the time I have the roof on my S open & that would largely remove the whole point of having a rag top in the first place. For me it's an epic fail.

Last edited by Chilli; 04-04-2019 at 08:15 AM.
post #8 of 10 Old 04-04-2019, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trusted View Post
What's up with the wing hate? Y'all got a problem with down-force? [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/718forum/smilies/tango_face_grin.png[/IMG]
...Wing?...hadn't noticed, LOL. Actually, I like the larger wing and who doesn't appreciate some added downforce! Been on the "list" for well over a year and 20K downpayment in dealer hands. Hopefully getting closer to "official" reveal. Recent rumor is New York in a couple of weeks. I'll believe it when I see it. Wish Porsche would confirm if true so I can make arrangements to fly down to New York for a weekend...Oh, well... patience is a virtue....supposedly.
Chilli and Nickmo718 like this.
post #9 of 10 Old 04-04-2019, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trusted View Post
What's up with the wing hate? Y'all got a problem with down-force?
I've always thought big wings on a road car look a bit naff, even though it usually wouldn't entirely put me off a car. I can certainly see the appeal of a GT4 touring version without the wing. Given the choice of the same vehicle with or without the big parcel/book shelf stuck on the back, it would be the one without it I'd choose every time.
wriggly, Nickmo718 and splinter like this.

Last edited by Chilli; 04-04-2019 at 12:39 PM.
post #10 of 10 Old 04-09-2019, 11:26 AM

Hello all

Just got a a call from my SA saying that no gt4 was allocated to my country Portugal but Spain got 3 gt4 allocations already. (Sevilha Marbelha e Vigo). Lucky bastards

Still donīt know how porsche can give already allocations of a car that wasnīt presented yet.

This waiting game is the worst.
Just wish i was normal and didnīt care about cars like the rest of my family. Itīs a disease i know eheheheheh

Still waiting till the end of the year to see whats what, im on a M2CS vs 718GT4 waiting game.

Best regards.
Sorry about my english.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Porsche 718 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page