718 Cayman GTS Soundaktor? - Porsche 718 Forum
 21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 49 Old 08-06-2018, 06:58 PM Thread Starter

718 Cayman GTS Soundaktor?

This is specific to the GTS. I see a number of folks, including GTS owners, discussing how to disconnect the soundaktor. Then I also read a few guys who claim they have no soundaktor in their GTS models. So...

Does anybody on here actually have a GTS model ďwithĒ a soundaktor? If so, is it a Boxster or Cayman model?

Iím thinking about disconnecting mine on my GTS but can save my brain cells if I donít even have one. (I havenít had a chance to look because my car isnít with me for a few weeks.)

Thanks.
Aus_GTS and NeTx like this.
post #2 of 49 Old 08-06-2018, 08:42 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semitone View Post
This is specific to the GTS. I see a number of folks, including GTS owners, discussing how to disconnect the soundaktor. Then I also read a few guys who claim they have no soundaktor in their GTS models. So...

Does anybody on here actually have a GTS model ďwithĒ a soundaktor? If so, is it a Boxster or Cayman model?

Iím thinking about disconnecting mine on my GTS but can save my brain cells if I donít even have one. (I havenít had a chance to look because my car isnít with me for a few weeks.)

Thanks.
Trust me, no soundaktor in the GTS.
Aus_GTS likes this.

2018 718 Cayman GTS
post #3 of 49 Old 08-07-2018, 09:27 AM

Could Porsche have gone back to the Sound Symposer for the GTS, which apparently was used in the 981 GTS? Sounds like it's basically just a resonance pipe that connects the intake plenum to the firewall to force the vibrations into the cockpit.
Is anyone here able to look? I have yet to get that far into the guts of the car.

post #4 of 49 Old 08-07-2018, 10:05 AM

No Soundaktor in my GTS
post #5 of 49 Old 08-07-2018, 10:26 AM

Unlikely I know but maybe they just moved the aktor to a different location? Unfortunately the public 718 parts catalog hasn't been updated with the GTS parts yet. Only asking a dealer to look it up will get a 100% answer.
post #6 of 49 Old 08-07-2018, 06:23 PM

The GTS sounds almost indentical to the S, so maybe they changed the location.

2014 Boxster GTS (white, PDK, GTS Interior, GTS Exterior, Sportbuckets, PTV, PASM, PSE, 20", ...)
post #7 of 49 Old 08-09-2018, 12:01 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acky View Post
The GTS sounds almost indentical to the S, so maybe they changed the location.
IMHO they don't. I test drove a base, S and GTS all within an hour on the day I bought my car. The GTS sounded completely different and before driving it and after the previous two, I was almost ready to pass on a Cayman because I just didn't care for the sound. The GTS definitely had a more exciting sound that put me over on my decision to buy a Cayman.

2018 718 Cayman GTS
post #8 of 49 Old 08-09-2018, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trusted View Post
Unlikely I know but maybe they just moved the aktor to a different location? Unfortunately the public 718 parts catalog hasn't been updated with the GTS parts yet. Only asking a dealer to look it up will get a 100% answer.
LetĎs play this thought through...Why should Porsche move a sound aktor? Because they want to play cat and mouse with some enthusiasts out there who want to unplug?! Very unlikely, think about the cost and effort it would take in the highly automated manufacturing process to do so. CanĎt even imagine the effort it would take.
85Gold and Graustark like this.
post #9 of 49 Old 12-02-2018, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semitone View Post

Does anybody on here actually have a GTS model “with” a soundaktor? If so, is it a Boxster or Cayman model?

I’m thinking about disconnecting mine on my GTS but can save my brain cells if I don’t even have one. (I haven’t had a chance to look because my car isn’t with me for a few weeks.)

Thanks.
I took delivery of a new 2018 CGTS Fri. and am I correct that the consensus here is that the GTS’s don’t have the Soundaktor?

Asking as VifferMike’s 11 page tutorial on disconnecting it left me thinking I have one but now this thread indicates otherwise, so school me someone w/ a definitive answer plz.
post #10 of 49 Old 12-02-2018, 11:41 PM

A number of us have CGTS with the Soundaktor. I wrote up a simple visual tutorial on how to remove the fuse for it (@VifferMike was kind enough to include it in his guide). Try it for yourself. If you hear a difference, you have it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Porsche 718 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page