• 3 Post By Cinnamon
  • 1 Post By janneman99
  • 1 Post By Porsche2018
  • 1 Post By Uz718

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 03-15-2019, 04:44 PM Thread Starter

Garage
That car looks fast

So, I come home from being out and about this afternoon and after parking my car in the condo building's underground garage, I walk over to where Carmen the Cayman is parked. Just looking at her parked there and appreciating the beauty of her form, the fact that there is nothing on her that is frivolous or without some function, and that she looks like that she's crouching and full of potential energy (in the physics sense). And I'm thinking, she looks like she's moving. She's moving really fast.
janneman99 likes this.

JazzCatGab
Kentucky
2019 Base Cayman
-----------------------
Manual shift, 18" wheels, PASM, Sports Chrono, black tailpipes, cellphone compartment, CarPlay, PE&D
post #2 of 10 Old 03-15-2019, 04:54 PM

Hmm..When I come home, my Carmen is watching TV and drinking my beer. Looks like she is going nowhere for a while.
post #3 of 10 Old 03-15-2019, 06:36 PM

Garage
My Portia attracts compliments every time she steps out. Happened again today. I stopped off to buy some beer, and as I was approaching the counter I noticed some older, slightly weatherbeaten dude looking at me hard, then staring at the guy who had come up behind me. Then he asks the guy behind me is that your "Porsch" (no final e) out there. The guy said no, and when the dude gave me a questioning look I said it was mine. He cracked a huge smile and said "That car is beautiful!" I said thanks and then the guy behind me said no, it was his and he wanted the keys back. He!

Just another day out in public with a lovely piece of work.

Jim, on my second Porsche. The first was a 912 in a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.

post #4 of 10 Old 03-16-2019, 03:47 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmuller View Post
My Portia attracts compliments every time she steps out. Happened again today. I stopped off to buy some beer, and as I was approaching the counter I noticed some older, slightly weatherbeaten dude looking at me hard, then staring at the guy who had come up behind me. Then he asks the guy behind me is that your "Porsch" (no final e) out there. The guy said no, and when the dude gave me a questioning look I said it was mine. He cracked a huge smile and said "That car is beautiful!" I said thanks and then the guy behind me said no, it was his and he wanted the keys back. He!

Just another day out in public with a lovely piece of work.
Only posers ask for keys.
janneman99 likes this.

May the number of surfaces exceed the number of dives by at least one
post #5 of 10 Old 03-17-2019, 03:57 PM

Garage
Portia grabbed another compliment today. We'd been out walking Great Meadows Wildlife Sanctuary, on the way home stopped into a nearby Whole Foods Market (which I guess is now Amazon Food Market, or Whole Amazon Market, or whatever) so my sweetie could buy some veggies. The lots had more cars that we typically see so I ended up squeezing into a fairly narrow space between to monster SUV's. Sharon went into the store and as usual I sat in the car. I hate shopping, and my presence in the car means whoever gets into the adjacent cars is less likely to bang the doors. While I was waiting a woman pushed a cart up to the car on my left, her driver's door being a ding waiting to happen. When she started loading her groceries into her car I rolled down the window and asked if she would like me to move. She said no but thanks. She finished loading stuff into her car, rolled the cart over to the cart drop-off area, and returned and said "That's a lovely car." Of course I replied thank you!

It's a daily occurrence.
janneman99 and JazzCatGab like this.

Jim, on my second Porsche. The first was a 912 in a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.
post #6 of 10 Old 03-21-2019, 02:23 AM

My Graphie has gotten compliments at the grocery... Just the other day I drove up and parked in an end spot at Safeway and as I got out I was intercepted by an old geezer like me stepping out of his Subaru station wagon. Said what a great car I had and I agreed. But as usual I tried to find something positive to say about his ride too, which I pointed out has a similar motor arrangement to mine. This led to a discussion lengthy enough to inhibit our shopping! All part of the fun...
janneman99, JazzCatGab and X2Board like this.

2017 Cayman S, graphite blue, PDK, 20"; first Porsche, third mid-engine after V8 Corvair and Toyota MR2, fourth turbo after Corvair Corsa and two SAABs.
post #7 of 10 Old 03-21-2019, 07:35 AM

Garage
My Miamie ;-) got her picture taken today again. This time the photographer asked me if I didn't mind. Love this. This is a special car fellow C owners!
JazzCatGab likes this.
post #8 of 10 Old 03-21-2019, 09:12 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Now I'm truly crestfallen to read these comments..........I thought they were taking pictures of me?
janneman99 likes this.

2018/991.2 GT Silver Metallic GT2-RS

"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence" ~ Vince Lombardi

"There are no great men, just great challenges which ordinary men, out of necessity, are forced by circumstances to meet" ~ Fleet Admiral William F. Halsey Jr.
post #9 of 10 Old 03-21-2019, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnamon View Post
But as usual I tried to find something positive to say about his ride too

This often is a problem. recently had a guy in a rough looking 7XX beemer compliment the CS. I looked over and all I could say was "Thanks"

Sapphire Blue 2017 Cayman S, PDK, Sport Chrono, PASM Sport, PTV, 20" Carrera S wheels. Graphite Blue and Chalk Leather interior W/ Sport Tex seats.

Olympic Blue 1973 914 2.0 (2056) D-Jet FI, 5-bolt conv. 16" Fuchs, F&R sway bars.
post #10 of 10 Old 03-22-2019, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympic Blue View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnamon View Post
But as usual I tried to find something positive to say about his ride too

This often is a problem. recently had a guy in a rough looking 7XX beemer compliment the CS. I looked over and all I could say was "Thanks"
Pahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaha this is so me.
neilf likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Porsche 718 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in