Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckles View Post
2018 CGTS - 14.6% off

MSRP $102,860

Paid $87,900
Is that CGTS preowned?

2018/991.2 GT Silver Metallic GT2-RS

"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence" ~ Vince Lombardi

"There are no great men, just great challenges which ordinary men, out of necessity, are forced by circumstances to meet" ~ Fleet Admiral William F. Halsey Jr.
post #132 of 137 Old 04-23-2019, 04:58 AM

I'm in the UK where it seems discounts are more difficult. The 718 does very well here.

My dealer originally offered no discount. However I found one of those websites where you put in the car you want and it apparently compares all dealers to get the best price. Anyway it came back with a dealer from London with 4% off. I printed this off and took it to my local dealer. They beat the price on the spot! So probably about 5% here. Allowed me to add in a couple more options for my budget. So I didn't spend less, I jut got more car!
post #133 of 137 Old 04-23-2019, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche2018 View Post
Is that CGTS preowned?
Not preowned, purchased new. I went in aggressive on price knowing the vehicle had been on the lot for some time.
Also ended up getting a few extras thrown in on the backend (PSM+1 and all weather mats).
Porsche2018 likes this.

post #134 of 137 Old 04-23-2019, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Not preowned, purchased new. I went in aggressive on price knowing the vehicle had been on the lot for some time.
Also ended up getting a few extras thrown in on the backend (PSM+1 and all weather mats).
Good job! I agree a 2018 should be discounted that much at this point. Eight months from now if you sold the car it would be considered two years old and that would matter more than whether you were first or second owner. I am shocked how many 2018 718's my local dealer has on the lot and the lack of discounts they offer proactively on cars that have sat on the lot for a year.
post #135 of 137 Old 04-23-2019, 11:02 AM

Garage
Quote:
I wish I knew how to negotiate like that

ANGST
post #136 of 137 Old 04-23-2019, 11:31 AM

2018 Cayman S CPO w. 11k mi. MSRP was $87k (I have the original sticker) bought it for $63k nearly 28% off (actually I also traded-in my 2014 Mustang GT, so I saved another $1500 on the sales tax).

Didn't have to haggle much... I said I'll take the Cayman if the trade-in offer is not unacceptable. They offered $5k less than the final trade-in offer. I told them it was unacceptable and that I had two written offers for $5k & $6k more. They agreed to up their trade-in offer by $5k and the deal was done.

Nice to have warranty till 12/23...

PS1: After I took the car home I found out that it has PPF clear wrap all around the lower parts of the car. I bet the dealer didn't even know this.

PS2: Recently, I was talking to the SA about service and he told me that the car has pre-paid service until 50k mi. They didn't tell me anything when I bought the car, I think I have to figure out how to confirm this...
Porsche2018 and ANGST like this.
post #137 of 137 Old 04-23-2019, 01:38 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveInHouston View Post
2018 Cayman S CPO w. 11k mi. MSRP was $87k (I have the original sticker) bought it for $63k nearly 28% off (actually I also traded-in my 2014 Mustang GT, so I saved another $1500 on the sales tax).

Didn't have to haggle much... I said I'll take the Cayman if the trade-in offer is not unacceptable. They offered $5k less than the final trade-in offer. I told them it was unacceptable and that I had two written offers for $5k & $6k more. They agreed to up their trade-in offer by $5k and the deal was done.

Nice to have warranty till 12/23...

PS1: After I took the car home I found out that it has PPF clear wrap all around the lower parts of the car. I bet the dealer didn't even know this.

PS2: Recently, I was talking to the SA about service and he told me that the car has pre-paid service until 50k mi. They didn't tell me anything when I bought the car, I think I have to figure out how to confirm this...
This S was about the same sticker and they are asking 67

https://www.porschearlington.com/use...309d681f01.htm

ANGST

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Porsche 718 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page