Check-in from upstate NY!! - Porsche 718 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old Yesterday, 03:06 PM Thread Starter

Check-in from upstate NY!!

Took delivery of my Cayman S last night via closed truck delivery from Ohio! She's beautiful! Question though. I take it no one project a from plate on their car right? If that's the case, anyone in a state that requires a front plate ever get hassled about it?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	00000IMG_00000_BURST20190413222441044_COVER_1555268738216.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	145.2 KB
ID:	20904  
post #2 of 7 Old Yesterday, 03:38 PM

Welcome! Nice car. Search for "front plate" and you'll find plenty of discussion regarding mounting/not mounting and options. There's a lot of information here so take some time and check out all that is offered. It will save you much Google time. Enjoy your new ride!
post #3 of 7 Old Yesterday, 03:50 PM

Hello from Rochester also. I have a gray Boxster and love it . I bought a rho-plate bracket for mine that I can take off and on with out too much trouble . Enjoy - looks nice !!

Last edited by Hilltop; Yesterday at 03:59 PM.

post #4 of 7 Old Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldiaz2331 View Post
Took delivery of my Cayman S last night via closed truck delivery from Ohio! She's beautiful! Question though. I take it no one project a from plate on their car right? If that's the case, anyone in a state that requires a front plate ever get hassled about it?
Congratulations; big day! Regarding the front plate, I have been driving around Texas for 2 years without a front plate with 3 different Porsches and have never been stopped. If I were you I would wing the front plate until you find it is an issue for the LEO(s).

2018/991.2 GT Silver Metallic GT2-RS

"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence" ~ Vince Lombardi

"There are no great men, just great challenges which ordinary men, out of necessity, are forced by circumstances to meet" ~ Fleet Admiral William F. Halsey Jr.
post #5 of 7 Old Yesterday, 10:50 PM

Garage
Congrats! Enjoy in good health!

2017 Cayman S
2017 BMW M240i
2017 Audi Q5
1999 Mercedes E320
post #6 of 7 Old Today, 05:59 AM

Congratulations and welcome to the forum.
post #7 of 7 Old Today, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldiaz2331 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEN OB View Post
Congratulations and welcome to the forum.
Look for "The Dreaded Front License Plate" on Planet 9 also. Some good ideas there also. I did the trim tape and T-nut solution and it has done well. No holes in bumper. The 1st thong I did after taking her out of winter storage was check the plate. Hasn't shifted or loosened. YMMV.

Welcome. It looks like a lovely car.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Porsche 718 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page