Porsche 718 Forum banner

check your air filter!

6K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Cyclepath5555 
#1 ·
took the cayman in today for the side intake grille thing and since they were taking everything apart i asked them to check my air filter while they were in there. i have had my car about a year and a half and it has 4,750 miles. this is what it looked like.

i am fairly anal about maintenance on my vehicles and check the air filters every 5k at oil changes (for my non-porsche ones). even my f150, which is my daily driver and sees 4 or 5 times as many miles, has never looked this bad even after a years worth of driving.

word to the wise, check your air filter!

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: Bob D.
#3 ·
next time i swap the air filter in my f150 i'll come back and post it for comparison.

no clue, the dealership did the swap while it was having the side intake grilles installed. the head (or lead or whatever) tech is a friend and he was the one who suggested i have it done at the same time to avoid the labor costs. he gave the car a clean bill of health fwiw, and i beat on mine at the track several times a year :)

#8 ·
Thanks nineball, I guess the location of the air filter really accelerates its wear. I've changed many an air filter in a variety of vehicles over the years and just eyeballing that filter would've guess it had three times the miles on it that it actually does. Your post is definitely going into the "718 Info and Tips" file I've got going. Appreciate the heads-up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.