Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 week/500 mile review

3K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Porsche2018 
#1 ·
Two caveats to start. First, I am a life-long truck and SUV owner. Second, I am aged/retired. My review probably doesn't mean much to previous Porsche owners who have experienced all of this, but I hope those lurking with a similar background will benefit. Here goes. I want to thank all former and current contributors to this forum over the past several years because none of the nuances I've experienced in this car have been a surprise or cause for alarm/concern. It's nice to know what to expect! As you might imagine, my base car exceeds anything I have owned in the past even though I have not been able to surpass 4K rpm. I'll put another couple hundred on tomorrow and inching closer to the "go at it" benchmark. Once I reach that milestone, I'm sure that will reveal a totally different car and I can't wait!

Only a few minor things that I would change if I were king.

1: I'd lose the pimple on the roof - it really takes away from the overall appearance.

2: Not really sure what to make of the felt on the under carriage. Seems like a dirt magnet and no one sees it (sound proofing?).

3. The analog speedo is useless and a waste of space - I never look over there.
4. PDK normal mode is not really useful except on high speed highways/interstates, etc. It really bogs down around town. Sport mode most of the time!

I may find a few more things that I don't care for, but I doubt it.

Otherwise, this car is as good as I expected and more.

Enjoy your cars, I am!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.