Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
2023 BGTS 4.0 6MT
496 Posts
Does this seat version come with leather shells, or can be added; or is it just available with 18 way seats?
Thanks
Weirdly, the basic sport seats (2 or 14 way) always come with leather (colour at least) seat backs, whereas the sports seats plus (2 or 18 way) come as standard with silver / grey plastic seat backs. Real leather seat backs can be added to the sports seats plus as an option.

· Registered
2023 BGTS 4.0 6MT
496 Posts
Like virtually every question ever, it depends.

What model are you referencing? What seats are you specifying? Are you referring to just ‘leather’ seat backs or contrast stitching specifically on the seat backs?

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BGTS 4.0 with the 14 way with the all leather option. When you select it, the configurator shows the red stitching, and I recall the SA said that was correct. But, at the time, didn't ask about the seat backs. Like you said, seems kind of crazy that it is extra on the 18ways.
thanks

· Registered
2023 BGTS 4.0 6MT
496 Posts
On that spec. with 14 ways and black / bordeaux leather, my understanding is that you get contrast red stitching on the black leather parts (dash top, door casings, centre console etc.). The backs of the seats would be bordeaux to match the other red parts and would also have (blind / matching) red stitching. Hope this helps and others can chime in…..

· Registered
1,497 Posts
Thanks. So, if you select the black/bordeaux combo leather which has deviated stitching already included, will the backs follow suit?
the images / video guides for Deviated Stitching / Extended Deviated Stitching doesn't indicate the seat backs are part of that option. The seat silhouettes are what get the stitching (backrest and seat base)

with the (optional) 18 way Sport Seats Plus - those are available with "blind" stitching (same color as leather) or with deviated stitching as extra cost

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BGTS 4.0 with the 14 way with the all leather option. When you select it, the configurator shows the red stitching, and I recall the SA said that was correct. But, at the time, didn't ask about the seat backs. Like you said, seems kind of crazy that it is extra on the 18ways.
thanks
On that spec. with 14 ways and black / bordeaux leather, my understanding is that you get contrast red stitching on the black leather parts (dash top, door casings, centre console etc.). The backs of the seats would be bordeaux to match the other red parts and would also have (blind / matching) red stitching. Hope this helps and others can chime in…..
That sounds about right, Thanks again

· Registered
2023 BGTS 4.0 6MT
496 Posts
the images / video guides for Deviated Stitching / Extended Deviated Stitching doesn't indicate the seat backs are part of that option. The seat silhouettes are what get the stitching (backrest and seat base)

with the (optional) 18 way Sport Seats Plus - those are available with "blind" stitching (same color as leather) or with deviated stitching as extra cost
Hal, for my understanding - surely even if one specifies extended deviated stitching on a two colour interior like black / bordeaux, the seat back stitching is red on red, not black on red? I think the OP was referring to the contrast stitching (red on black) that comes ‘free’?

· Registered
1,497 Posts
Hal, for my understanding - surely even if one specifies extended deviated stitching on a two colour interior like black / bordeaux, the seat back stitching is red on red, not black on red? I think the OP was referring to the contrast stitching (red on black) that comes ‘free’?
with two-tone interiors - Deviated Stitching packages are not available. With single color leather interior - then Deviated Stitching packages are available

on my Black / Bordeaux interior, I have 18 way Sport Seats Plus w/ leather seat back shells optioned and they'll be Bordeaux Red w/ Bordeaux Red stitching (blind stitching)

only the black leather sections will have the contrast red stitching

on the 14 way Sport Seats - the backs would be Bordeaux Red and have red stitching as well

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That was my impression, thanks for all your responses.

· Registered
2023 BGTS 4.0 6MT
496 Posts
with two-tone interiors - Deviated Stitching packages are not available. With single color leather interior - then Deviated Stitching packages are available

on my Black / Bordeaux interior, I have 18 way Sport Seats Plus w/ leather seat back shells optioned and they'll be Bordeaux Red w/ Bordeaux Red stitching (blind stitching)

only the black leather sections will have the contrast red stitching

on the 14 way Sport Seats - the backs would be Bordeaux Red and have red stitching as well
Exactly, like I said back in post 7. Given the OP wants black / bordeaux, the (extended) deviated stitching comments are irrelevant?

· Registered
1,497 Posts
Exactly, like I said back in post 7. Given the OP wants black / bordeaux, the (extended) deviated stitching comments are irrelevant?
yes - that (Extended Deviated Stitching) isn't available with that interior combination

· Registered
2002 Honda S2000
223 Posts
Weirdly, the basic sport seats (2 or 14 way) always come with leather (colour at least) seat backs, whereas the sports seats plus (2 or 18 way) come as standard with silver / grey plastic seat backs. Real leather seat backs can be added to the sports seats plus as an option.
In Canada, the leather seatback option is unfortunately NOT available on the 2-way sport plus seats. Selecting the option automatically switches you to 18-way. Too bad, coz I like the look but I don't want the 18-ways.

· Registered
2022 Porsche 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
33 Posts
Does this seat version come with leather shells, or can be added; or is it just available with 18 way seats?
Thanks
I'd option the Sport Seat Plus over the basic one's. I believe on some other thread there were complaints the basic sport seats were not bolstered enough and you kinda slide out of them in corners. The Sport Seat Plus were the best balance.

· Registered
1,497 Posts
In Canada, the leather seatback option is unfortunately NOT available on the 2-way sport plus seats. Selecting the option automatically switches you to 18-way. Too bad, coz I like the look but I don't want the 18-ways.
that applies across all markets - Sports Seats Plus 2 way do not have the option for leather seat back shells. Just the 18 way SS+

Reactions: RobertM

· Registered
2002 Honda S2000
223 Posts
that applies across all markets - Sports Seats Plus 2 way do not have the option for leather seat back shells. Just the 18 way SS+
Ah, I didn't know that, not having looked up other configurators. Just wanted people to know the Canadian experience. :cool:

· Registered
219 Posts
It is considerably cheaper to get the black/bordeaux combination on the base 2-way seats. Sorry to point it out, but nobody's looking at the seat backs on a two-seat sports car.

· Registered
4,314 Posts
It is considerably cheaper to get the black/bordeaux combination on the base 2-way seats. Sorry to point it out, but nobody's looking at the seat backs on a two-seat sports car.
....except when the top is down....like almost always on our BGTS. Seriously, we receive frequent comments on how cool our deviated stitched seat backs look.

Reactions: lukesward
1 - 20 of 20 Posts