Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would, why save it. Would you be happy laying on your deathbed that you bought things you liked but never put it to a level of fun like that?
Unless of course just having it makes you happy, by all means, stick with that.

·
Registered
107 Posts
My thoughts exactly. Why would you spend so much money on something just to sit down and look at it. I'm definitely not going to have a trailer queen just so I can snap pictures of it and sit inside and pretend to drive lol. I don't know how some people do it

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You guys are definitely intense. I would definitely drive it around, but not thrash it to that point.. Just for fear of seriously damaging something and knowing I wouldn't be able to enjoy it for x amount of time or whatever the case may be

·
Registered
107 Posts
Ah.. that's why you have multiple vehicles. When one is down, hop in the other and go about your day. Gotta loosen up a little

·
Registered
157 Posts
I see the Porsche 718 as an on road vehicle for spirited pavement drives and anything that requires a bit more roughing up is usually reserved for a Jeep or something similar to that. Not sure if Porsche carried over the off road capabilities form their older cars.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I highly doubt it.. That being said the Ferrari Enzo is far from the off-road category with literally nothing that'll aid it. It's just the spirit of taking things where they're not meant to be lol

·
Registered
157 Posts
As fun as it would be to tear it up in the dirt with a nice set of tread tires, I just can't see myself doing it with a brand new 718. Maybe a few years later when it's a bit older and I don't care as much but not when it's brand new.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't know.. even if it's a few years old I don't think I would be able to bring myself to do that. I would feel really bad about it lol as if the car had feelings

·
Registered
107 Posts
Lol a lot of people feel the same way you do, which is alright. It's all personal preference and what type of mindset you have. Some people like to utilize everything to their fullest and tend to not care too much about the consequences, others are a lot more reserved and like to maintain and take care of everything down to the T of responsibility

1 - 12 of 12 Posts