Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Cayman Miami Blue
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone knows of a reliable car broker to sell my 2017 718 Miami Blue base model.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Take pictures and list it here, or if you are getting something else I'd consider trading it in to offset tax on a new purchase.
The tax issue is state dependent with some states allowing and others not. That said if you are in a state that allows the offset, the tax benefits usually more than offsets the loss of trade in vs selling privately. It is also way less work to do a trade in and right now trade in values are pretty good due to Covid issues (although to be fair so are private party values)

The trade in might also give you a better deal for the car you might be buying as many dealers really want good used cars to sell.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Wondering if anyone knows of a reliable car broker to sell my 2017 718 Miami Blue base model.
You might try the Vroom site. I bought my 718 from Vroom, and also used their service to sell my "trade-in." This is actually a completely separate service they offer -- to buy your car. I was offered a slightly better price for my car than local dealers were offering as a trade-in. You might not be happy with the "trade-in" price compared to a private sale. But you are asking for a broker, so I assume that you are willing to accept that a broker will take a significant fee for their service. A direct sale to Vroom might be comparable. The entire process takes 5 minutes for a binding quote. Vroom sent a transporter to my home to pick up the car. And they allowed me to use it for 200 miles after I agreed on the sale.

·
Registered
260 Posts
You could also consider selling on a site like bringatrailer.com where you're likely to achieve a similar result and possibly save a few bucks in the process. You just need to be patient since your auction wouldn't go live right away.

Another option to look at might be Kelley Blue Book's instant cash offer. With high wholesale demand for used cars and low auction inventory, the cash offer might be better than you would think.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts