Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there new member here with a miami blue base boxster with 11,000 mile and going

Recently the PDK developed a massive leak where 5 litres of fresh pentosin filled at 10.000 mi has only 3 litre left upon inspection drainage (oil pan was left untouched), the pan and sump bolt literally drenched (pics attached)

My indy retorqued all the pan bolt, wiped clean the oil residue and use the good old talcum powder leakspotter, it was then identified the breather vent plug? (circled in yellow) as the culprit

Has anyone experience leak at this spot? What was the remedy? (Indy said parts not available from porsche and will try repair route (most likely a spring/ ball was stuck open and pissing out oil instead of venting excess tranny case pressure)

Attachments

·
Registered
996 Posts
That’s a shame. Have you had the gear OPC serviced at any time?
As far as I know, the PDK gearbox is not repairable so a full replacement is needed however, you’d have thought bolt on items would be available.
Hopefully things go ok and you get it sorted and please keep us informed.

·
Registered
575 Posts
That part circled in yellow is removable and will be available as a new replacement part, but i would think that it is repairable also, I know any skilled machine / turning shop would be able to re manufacture it if you grab a blank on sourcing.

Good luck (y)

Cheers ALB

1 - 4 of 4 Posts