Porsche 718 Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Thanks Jazz. For those interested, here is/was my VIN WP0CB2A81HS240083 RIP
Wow, that was one nicely spec-ed vehicle! Just a hair under $90K MSRP too, and warranty start May 2016. Edmunds appraisal is similar to the one you got, so that may be another data point, if you need it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Well the insurance claim has finally been settled and I am quite pleased with the outcome. Apparently it took so long due to the fact that there simply aren't a lot of 718s on the road and even less that have exchanged hands. The assessor said that they had JD Power provide a proper valuation and that came to $76,693 which includes tax and registration (I received $500 less for deductible). I find this the be a very reasonable restitution amount.

I also inquired about purchasing the vehicle and he said they expected to get $20,750 from auction - which I find quite surprising and certainly not a price I'm willing to pay.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sorry to see that, but all is well that ends well. The PS4S is my rain tire of choice for track days and it does very well unless you are dealing with a lot of standing water. It does not hydroplane that easily.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts