Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2017 Cayman S

Car has CPO warranty till August 2023. Front bumper, hood, partial roof and rocker panels have PPF applied. Windows tinted. Services are up to date and tires have good tread life left. Runs and drives as it should and handles like a dream, the car is clean. Options not obvious in photos include: heated and cooled seats, sports chrono/exhaust, PASM. Mileage at approximately 23,000. Car is driven and mileage will change. Originally $93,970.

I have plenty more pictures available upon request.

Asking $58,500 OBO

IMG_8517.png

IMG_4174.jpg

Adjustments.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Cayman Base, Lava Orange, 6MT
28 Posts
Just FYI, I recently purchased a 2019 CPO, and the info on the CPO warranty says it's not transferable to a 2nd purchaser.

Nice car, BTW.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was told when I purchased the car it follows. I just reached out to my dealer again and was told if you sell to a private party, the CPO follows. If you sell to a dealer, the CPO does not. I regularly see Porsches advertised by private parties with CPO coverage so believe the private party information is correct. I didn’t see anything in my paperwork that says it doesn’t follow a private party sale. Which document are you referring to?

Thanks for the compliment, it is a great car as you know!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I went back and looked, and you are absolutely correct. It is transferable to another private owner, when registered with Porsche.

My bad . . . but happy about it.(y)

·
Registered
28 Posts
It is a very fair price, having looked for several months before finding my 2019 CPO.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks gents. Hopefully it goes to a good home.

I should have specified, if it goes to a non-Porsche dealer. I believe there are options if it goes to a Porsche dealer but do not know the details. Either way, I’m not selling to a dealer so it doesn’t matter!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Correct, if it goes to a non-Porsche dealer or broker, the CPO part of the warranty is void. A private party sale is the only thing that keeps it alive, and I didn't realize that until I went back and read my CPO paperwork.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts