Congrats all on your new cars!
So my sales agent told me in mid-June that the deadline for ordering for Sept 8th delivery was June 21/22nd. He told me that if I waited until after that date, the date would be Oct. Assumed he was being honest, but I placed my order around June 16th either way.
With that said, how are you guys finding out the status of your order? My sales guy isn't sharing much proactively. Are there key dates I should be asking him for?
Ask your SA for a copy of the Order Status sheet. It's also called a "Tracking" sheet. It will have info such as Commission no., Model no., etc. and these columns:
- Event Key (An internal code for order status; the code will start with a 'V' until the car clears Customs in its destination country)
- Event Name (The internal description that corresponds to the Event Key)
- Planned Date (preliminary production target dates for the build; usually tied to the allocation slot)
- Expected Date (updated production target dates based on recent production schedules; should differ from the Planned Date only if there is a delay)
- Actual Date (only filled in if the order has reached that point. This is how you know what build stage your car's at)
Once your car enters the V260 Event Key, the sheet will have a second page with fields for such info as VIN/Engine/Trans no., Port Code, Vessel Name (the ship your car will cross the Atlantic on), and departure/arrival dates, etc.
If your SA refuses to share that sheet, then ask him these specific questions to start:
- What Event Key number is my order currently at, and on what date did it enter that stage?
- When is my order scheduled to be completed and leave the factory (Event Key V300)?
- When is my vehicle scheduled to leave the port of Emden (Event Key V332)?
- Will you supply me with the name of the ship my order will be on, please, when it becomes available?
- Has a VIN been generated yet? (You have a right to know this number as soon as its available)