Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I thought it might be worth checking for interest here before I trade in my baby. I've ordered a new 911 that should be delivered in January. I'm not sure how fair of a deal the dealership will give on trade. I know if I was in the market for a used 718 I'd prefer to buy from the person who bought it new and put every mile on it than a car dealership...

I'm going to need to hold onto it until January, so may be getting ahead of myself listing it. I haven't gotten an appraisal from the dealership for trade yet, to break even I'll need 7% more than they'll give me because I save the sales tax on the new sale if I give it in trade.

It has just under 18,000 miles, by January will probably be closer to 20,000. I drive it as it should be driven, nothing too crazy ever. I took it to an SCCA event once. Tires were all replaced at about 14,000 miles, SCCA day was on the first set when it was about 6 months old. I installed SmartTOP so I can open the top from the remote and had the APR tune done. Other than that it is all stock. I attached a photo from the day I picked it up and the build sheet. It's in pristine condition, garage kept. I can take some more pictures if anybody is seriously interested and can wait till January. Other wise I'll post an update with a more specific asking price mid December after I get the trade in value from the dealership.

thanks,

Chip

Attachments

·
Registered
168 Posts
Its a beauty and with Covid prices you would likely get a better price if you pre-traded it (for tax purposes) or sold it now. I assume you can't give it up now as you need it as a driver.

I noticed you have it tuned. What influence will this have on warranty?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a beauty and with Covid prices you would likely get a better price if you pre-traded it (for tax purposes) or sold it now. I assume you can't give it up now as you need it as a driver.

I noticed you have it tuned. What influence will this have on warranty?
I could probably let it go in December but my wife would get really sick of sharing her car with me if I let it go now... I know there are lots of threads around APR tune, I honestly don't know about what it does to warranty. I believe it can be undone, but I personally wouldn't undo it:)

·
Registered
113 Posts
You may want to confirm that you actually need to trade the car to the dealer for the sales tax savings in your state. Some states give the same offset if you sell the car to a private buyer-just requires submitting an affidavit of the sale to the dmv (there is usually a grace period surrounding the new car purchase).

·
Registered
113 Posts
Still available? If so, my BIL in Tampa may have interest. more pictures to forward, asking price, etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi,

I thought it might be worth checking for interest here before I trade in my baby. I've ordered a new 911 that should be delivered in January. I'm not sure how fair of a deal the dealership will give on trade. I know if I was in the market for a used 718 I'd prefer to buy from the person who bought it new and put every mile on it than a car dealership...

I'm going to need to hold onto it until January, so may be getting ahead of myself listing it. I haven't gotten an appraisal from the dealership for trade yet, to break even I'll need 7% more than they'll give me because I save the sales tax on the new sale if I give it in trade.

It has just under 18,000 miles, by January will probably be closer to 20,000. I drive it as it should be driven, nothing too crazy ever. I took it to an SCCA event once. Tires were all replaced at about 14,000 miles, SCCA day was on the first set when it was about 6 months old. I installed SmartTOP so I can open the top from the remote and had the APR tune done. Other than that it is all stock. I attached a photo from the day I picked it up and the build sheet. It's in pristine condition, garage kept. I can take some more pictures if anybody is seriously interested and can wait till January. Other wise I'll post an update with a more specific asking price mid December after I get the trade in value from the dealership.

thanks,

Chip
UPDATE* My new car is due sometime next week. I just had it appraised at the dealer for trade. They'll give me $68k, tax here is 6.6%, so the equivalent private sale to trade is $72,488. I'll take $73k for it if anybody is interested. Mileage is 19020 today. Would love to see it go to somebody that will appreciate it's one owner and great shape. Ping me if interested.

·
Registered
6 Posts
UPDATE* My new car is due sometime next week. I just had it appraised at the dealer for trade. They'll give me $68k, tax here is 6.6%, so the equivalent private sale to trade is $72,488. I'll take $73k for it if anybody is interested. Mileage is 19020 today. Would love to see it go to somebody that will appreciate it's one owner and great shape. Ping me if interested.
If still relevant, send me your email in PM

1 - 8 of 8 Posts