Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today I met with my Porsche salesman and built out a 2020 Cayman T in Miami Blue to hold a place in the system until I can actually place the order next summer. Base price is $66,400 and options include: Miami Blue Color, 718 T Interior Package, 7 Speed PDK, Seat Heating, 2-Zone Automatic Climate Control, Porsche Entry & Drive, Light Design Package, Power Steering Plus, Bose Surround Sound System and Apple Car Play Including Siri bringing the total to $80,910 including $1,350 for Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee. Standard options include: Porsche Torque Vectoring, Sports Chrono Package, Porsche Active Suspension Management with Sport Suspension ride hight lowered by 20mm, 20" Carrera S Wheels painted titanium grey with 235/35 ZR 20 tires at front and 265/35 ZR 20 tires at rear, and duel black exhaust tips. First models should arrive in the July 2020 time frame.
81B9EB41-CE04-4606-82B3-82743A1E6857_1_201_a.jpeg
FC53822F-47CC-4800-B23F-2EA9BEDE20AA_1_201_a.jpeg

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
To say I am excited is an understatement.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Congrats! I still don't show the configuration tool as being online on Porsche's website but it's good that the dealers can now configure them.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Those seats sure look comfortable. The "T" package looks like a pretty good deal.
As per another post in another thread, the Sport Tex option is the single biggest and best surprise I have come across in my 718 CGTS. The seats are fantastic! If given the option with future purchase considerations, I would never opt for anything else at this point.

AVM

·
Registered
189 Posts
I totally love the little 2.0t, so having a T option is nice. I hope they have the web configurator up soon.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I am guessing that with demand being hot that, the dealers will be able to pull off MSRP at least for summer 2020. Hopefully I am wrong

·
Registered
3 Posts
Today I met with my Porsche salesman and built out a 2020 Cayman T in Miami Blue to hold a place in the system until I can actually place the order next summer. Base price is $66,400 and options include: Miami Blue Color, 718 T Interior Package, 7 Speed PDK, Seat Heating, 2-Zone Automatic Climate Control, Porsche Entry & Drive, Light Design Package, Power Steering Plus, Bose Surround Sound System and Apple Car Play Including Siri bringing the total to $80,910 including $1,350 for Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee. Standard options include: Porsche Torque Vectoring, Sports Chrono Package, Porsche Active Suspension Management with Sport Suspension ride hight lowered by 20mm, 20" Carrera S Wheels painted titanium grey with 235/35 ZR 20 tires at front and 265/35 ZR 20 tires at rear, and duel black exhaust tips. First models should arrive in the July 2020 time frame. View attachment 24549 View attachment 24550
I’m considering the 718 Cayman T but only considering the Carrera white, guards red T interior package, Bose Audio, Apple CarPlay, clear taillights, and the Alcantara steering wheel/shift boot. I was wondering how much the T interior package was?...I’m assuming all the other options I’m considering are equal in price to that which may be optioned on a base. I went to a dealership today and they were unable to give me any pricing details.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I’m considering the 718 Cayman T but only considering the Carrera white, guards red T interior package, Bose Audio, Apple CarPlay, clear taillights, and the Alcantara steering wheel/shift boot. I was wondering how much the T interior package was?...I’m assuming all the other options I’m considering are equal in price to that which may be optioned on a base. I went to a dealership today and they were unable to give me any pricing details.

The T Interior Package is $2,770. Other options are the same as they would be on a base Cayman.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I totally love the little 2.0t, so having a T option is nI ice. I hope they have the web configurator up soon.
I was told it would be within the next several weeks.

·
Registered
51 Posts
80,000 includes a large price for the paint upgrade (Miami Blue). 77,500 for a Guards Red T( before normal discounts ) makes this car a great deal. It looks like Porsche has actually lowered the price by offering the T by quite a bit. I really like my 718C base PDK and am not in the market, but if I were, it would be hard for me not to consider the T. I am very happy with the performance of the 20t engine with PDK.

·
Registered
61 Posts
If you are interested in seeing price level differences for options, leading up to when US/CA put the public configurator live, head to the UK one. The full leather T interior package is quite a lot but you do have deviated stitching and leather dash/doors etc. You will also note that full 18 way power seats are offered at a slightly lower price due to not having memory.

I almost ordered a T and as many have stated, if you are in the market for a 718 with all the go-fast bits, it's a great package and the unique T bits makes it stand out from the others.

Happy ordering :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Nice! Thanks for posting! I'm currently looking at both gently used Boxster's and Cayman's in the base spec for my next ride as I think they are a lot of car for the money. If I was going to be waiting until next Summer I would certainly look into a T as that seems to be the way to go for a new base spec car.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Nice spec K-Man. I noticed you are keeping the standard lights. It's a pity that the T only offers the dark tint xenon's or full LED. T is not available with the lower priced xenon. I guess they wanted to keep the 'dark tint' theme or perhaps limiting options. Do you have an ETA on when it goes into build?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nice spec K-Man. I noticed you are keeping the standard lights. It's a pity that the T only offers the dark tint xenon's or full LED. T is not available with the lower priced xenon. I guess they wanted to keep the 'dark tint' theme or perhaps limiting options. Do you have an ETA on when it goes into build?
We were told first T cars will hit the US in the July/Aug 2020 time frame so orders should be placed 90 prior. I'll probably place my official order in June with delivery in September

1 - 20 of 97 Posts