Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Cayman GT4 manual
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After driving a 911 for 19 years (first a 1989, then a 2004 996 then a 2013 991.1), I just pulled the trigger on a 2020 GT4. The car is a blast, and I look forward to driving a manual again (my last 911 was a PDK).

I look forward to participating in the 718 Forum, and to lot's of fun miles in this car.

PCA Rocky Mountain Region member since 2002.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

·
Registered
642 Posts
PCA Rocky Mountain Region member since 2002.
Awesome, I'm a member too, though only since 2018.

Hasn't been posted to the greater membership yet, but we just rescheduled our autocross from this weekend due to the snow forecast. New date is May 29th. Come join us, if you've never done an autocross, they're very fun, and our events are super laid back. Edited for correct link: “May I Have a Re-Run” Autocross RESCHEDULED

·
Registered
2020 Cayman GT4 manual
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome, I'm a member too, though only since 2018.

Hasn't been posted to the greater membership yet, but we just rescheduled our autocross from this weekend due to the snow forecast. New date is May 29th. Come join us, if you've never done an autocross, they're very fun, and our events are super laid back. Edited for correct link: “May I Have a Re-Run” Autocross RESCHEDULED
Thanks. I have done several PCA auto crosses in the past with my 911s, and intend to do a couple this summer with the GT4. Want to get comfortable with the dynamics of the car (which are much different than a 911 C4S) before attempting a DE event. Hope to see you out there.

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Beautiful car! How does driving a Cayman stack up to driving a 911? (I used to own a 911 but it was so long ago that I have forgotten much about it.)

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Congratulations, that's one stunning GT4! Definitely looking forward to your comparison assessment between the 911's and your new GT4.

Reactions: Robsx
1 - 12 of 12 Posts