Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Boxster 718S Graphite Blue
197 Posts
Love the wheels.
Wheels yes. Gold highlights on side scoops etc is a big nope. Would love the 25th anniversary emblem though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
It is pretty much what I'd expect for an anniversary edition. It is essentially all cosmetic changes for an increased price, and the knowledge that you have a more rare car than others due to the limited production number. Given how in demand sports cars are at the moment and the demand for limited production things (be they watches, cars etc.) in the past 10 years or so, I suspect these will sell out.

·
Registered
493 Posts

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Article mentions Jet Black color option. Come on, think about it.... Black with Gold wheels, gold accents, slap a screaming chicken on the hood! Go full Bandit cabrio edition! 🤠

·
Registered
46 Posts
It is pretty much what I'd expect for an anniversary edition. It is essentially all cosmetic changes for an increased price, and the knowledge that you have a more rare car than others due to the limited production number. Given how in demand sports cars are at the moment and the demand for limited production things (be they watches, cars etc.) in the past 10 years or so, I suspect these will sell out.
Buying a new or newish car because you think it will be collectible some day is risky. Pricing for the Boxster 25 starts at $98,600 MSRP, which is a steep price when you consider that a normal Boxster starts at $62,000. True, you get a few more hardware additions, but are you willing to pay nearly $40,000 more for a special edition anniversary model? Specially if you can’t enjoy and drive it that much because you are worry about the mileage on the odometer. Buy a Porsche you enjoy driving and not worry if it will appreciate in value. If money is not a issue than by all means buy it and store it in the garage for the next 20 years and see what happens.

·
Registered
111 Posts
The car is on the U.K. configurator. Personally prefer the 4.0 GTS. Quite like the wheel design but not keen on aurum colour.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Looks better in black - a bit of John Player Special look. Note that I have added tinted rear lights which should really be included in my view. Base price for a manual car in U.K. is £74,407 inc VAT and delivery.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts