Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 340 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't see a dedicated thread so I'm starting one. If there is a thread already dedicated to MY 2022 Allocations, please post the link.

2022 Cayman GTS 4.0 Allocations
I'm on the waiting list for an allocation. If anyone here has already gotten or is currently waiting for an allocation for this or a similar car, please post details. I guess include: when you got on the list, when you received your allocation, and what were you told in terms of build/ship/delivery dates. Oh, and what state your dealer is in.

I would think it may be different for GTS/GT4 cars with 4.0 engines than for turbo-4's, so while info on all 2022 models is welcome here, for selfish reasons, I'm particularly interested in finding out when I may get the my allocation for my CGTS. (hey, at least I'm honest about it lol)

I have a purchase order in with a Long Island, NY dealership (mid-June). I was told I should see an allocation in late Fall, December the latest. Which I assume means March/April the latest before I'm driving my new Pcar.

--Adam

·
Registered
570 Posts
I’ve been looking for a PTS/ CXX allocation recently. I have an “ order” in with a dealer but no allocation. Most of my regular dealers have no allocations, no visibility and won’t even bother taking a deposit for a waiting list at this time.

Back in March, when I first started to mull over ordering another GTS ( since I had the 2.5 version previously), I was offered three allocations but all too soon for PTS.

I’ve also been looking at other cars, since I’m not married to Porsche. Nobody has much going on. I was on a waitlist for a C8 for about 6 months but then decided I didn’t care anymore. Excited to see what the new Lotus is going to be but my closest Lotus dealers are in Manhattan, LI, and NJ...all in my avoid zones...LOL. ( I live in CT and aim for less congested spots when I get in my car...)

·
Registered
278 Posts
Order in:2nd week of March, Boxster GTS 4.0, allocation came in sometime late May (presumably week of 17th) and I was told early 1st week of Nov for delivery.

At order time, I was told August for a MY21 delivery. Because of the shift, I am now getting an MY22 in Nov.

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
My local dealer's SA claims their next GTS allocation is mine. Been first on the list since early May. The SA originally stated their next allocations should be received sometime in early August. No updates this month, so I left a voicemail request today for something more concrete.

·
Registered
2022 718 Spyder, 2021 Audi Q5
97 Posts
I was wondering about that. They said that at this time there’s no markup but could change by the time I get an allocation. I’m hoping Portland calls me first. Did you find a 4.0 somewhere else?
Personally speaking. I don't like the business practices of that dealership group. They wanted 10 k just for the allocation. Don't be surprised if they try get it from you.

I can put you in touch with my guy at Porsche Beaverton. He was very straight forward and helpful.

I ended up getting allocation for a 2022 Spyder. Locked on 6/9. Will be here in Sept :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thanks! I put down a deposit and they didn’t ask for any markup yet, if they do I’ll can them. I also have a deposit in at Beaverton, spoke to Luke and so far I like dealing with their store a lot more. They also told me they’d take my Triumph Bonneville in trade if I can’t sell it by then.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Personally speaking. I don't like the business practices of that dealership group. They wanted 10 k just for the allocation. Don't be surprised if they try get it from you.

I can put you in touch with my guy at Porsche Beaverton. He was very straight forward and helpful.

I ended up getting allocation for a 2022 Spyder. Locked on 6/9. Will be here in Sept :)
And congrats on the Spyder! September should be a great month to break it in.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I’m number three on a waitlist for a GTS 4 at my local Porsche dealership. FWIW, the sales advisor is pretty sure that they will receive enough allocations this month for Porsche to build my car. Has anyone else heard about pending July allocations? Two other dealerships told me the same.

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
I’m number three on a waitlist for a GTS 4 at my local Porsche dealership. FWIW, the sales advisor is pretty sure that they will receive enough allocations this month for Porsche to build my car. Has anyone else heard about pending July allocations? Two other dealerships told me the same.
On Monday, my SA he thought they might receive new allocations by the end of July (and their first GTS allocation is mine!). Regardless, I took his comment with a grain of salt, since he stated last month the best case scenario would be late August. Perhaps Monday's update was a placebo to keep me engaged (no problem there :rolleyes:) or, with luck, the factory is up and running at full speed again.

1 - 20 of 340 Posts