Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Boxster 718 GTS 4.0 is on the Glovis Sun on its way and due at the dealer on 8/2. My SA said they would install front and side grill screens for me as part of the pre delivery preparation. Thought I'd reach out to this amazing community as I'm totally confused regarding what product to purchase, I'm probably over thinking this :) . I see there are Zunsport, RGS, and Rennline products. I would love input and opinions for the best way to go...Fit, Finish etc. Pictures would be helpful. I need to order soon and get them to my SA. Appreciate everyone's input.

·
Registered
2021 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
1,262 Posts
There are lots of threads on this topic, but not many will have input from someone with experience with multiple brands, which would be required to properly compare. Everyone seems to like the one's they have, which is probably a good sign. I got Zunsports for this car and made my own for my 981. Both worked well and looked fine. Zunsports are more expensive than other commercial brands, but are easy to install. I believe that either RGS or Rennline require bumper removal.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Topic of grill screens was just discussed recently. GTS are covered. Front grill screens for 718 Boxster base. My opinion of the Zunsports is that the side intake ones are ugly because they are in front of the air splitter. Front ones look fine on a GTS. I really don't think the side ones are necessary anyways as Porsche already has a screen installed intended to block flying cigarette butts.

·
Registered
2018 Cayman 2.0
522 Posts
I don't like the Zundsports on the front of a Base or S, but they look fine on a GTS. I believe the Zundsports fronts are a simpler install than RGS. I agree with @rasetsu that the RGS are better looking on the side vents, and possibly not as necessary.

FWIW, I have RGS on front and sides of my Base.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have RGS on my BGTS4.0. In my opinion the grid pattern looks the most OEM of the three you listed. Also, RGS does not require bumper removal. I believe they are the most cost effective - have had them on the car just about a year and worth the peace of mind. I like 'em!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have RGS on my BGTS4.0. In my opinion the grid pattern looks the most OEM of the three you listed. Also, RGS does not require bumper removal. I believe they are the most cost effective - have had them on the car just about a year and worth the peace of mind. I like 'em!
Thanks for the input, do you have a picture you can share?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This is probably too late, but I just popped in the RGS front screens. Cost about $80, took 15 minutes of fiddling (I couldn’t use their guide), and they are invisible.
I did end up ordering the RGS front and side screens. I had them shipped directly to the dealer for install as part of the pre delivery prep. Thanks for the pictures, they look great!

·
Registered
371 Posts
The side grills are very secure and have done a great job at killing bugs (as you can see). The centre grill feels like it could be more secure if it had an extra clip. However, I have not had any issues with it for the last year that I have had them installed. Overall, I am quite satisfied despite the higher price compared to some alternatives.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts