Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

This will be my first Porsche, I am so excited! Worked hard for many years to get here.

I come from a weird line of car ownerships: Integra -> 335i Coupe -> Tacoma -> CX-9 -> MX-5. I guess I just like to try different things

Here's my build - I would love your feedback. It's going to be a weekend warrior, probably limited track if any. The thing I am a little unsure about is the red seat belt and clock. There's nothing else red on the car other than the calipers, but I wanted to throw a bit more color and sportiness into the interior, now sure if it comes off tacky. thoughts?

For whatever reason there seems to be a lot more GTS allocations now vs. 3 months ago. I was getting nothing in SoCal 3 months ago to 5 open one right now on a market wide dealer sweep. I also got $5k over MSRP, down from the $10k - $15k dealers were asking 3 months ago, curious to hear if anyone has gotten better than $5k right now?

· Registered
1,780 Posts
Hi all,

This will be my first Porsche, I am so excited! Worked hard for many years to get here.

I come from a weird line of car ownerships: Integra -> 335i Coupe -> Tacoma -> MX-5. I guess I just like to try different things

Here's my build - I would love your feedback. It's going to be a weekend warrior, probably limited track if any.

Welcome to the madness. Here are my recommendations:
Headlight cleaning covers in body color. They come standard with satin black covers.
Instrument dials in white, particularly if you are color blind
My personal preference - wheels in Aurum or Silver, not black.
Good luck and be patient. Do you have an allocation already?

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Headlight cleaning covers in body color. They come standard with satin black covers.
Updated my post, but yes I got a Jan allocation that locks next week. April-ish arrival. I am doing the LA experience center delivery :)

· Registered
913 Posts
Nothing wrong with red belts and red chrono clock. My Cayman S was ordered with no color inside so I had the dealer add red belts in as part of the deal. I love the touch of color. I have the red chrono clock in my Macan.

Other then changing headlight washer covers as recommended, I think it's nice simple build. I generally don't like black wheels but on a chalk GTS, I think it looks best but as someone with satin black wheels on 2 Porsches, I recommend choosing one of the gloss black choices to make them a bit easier to clean. Brake dust just clings to satin black.

· Registered
17 Posts
Congratulations! Looks great! you could get away with red on more gauges. Is a slick highlight you have going for your interior. I'm a little contrarian in that I don't mind the headlight washers in matte black especially if you leave the black wheels.

At the end of the day it matters not what us bunch of nutters thinks. Get what looks great to your eye.

· Super Moderator
2021 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
1,472 Posts
Congrats on the allocation. Just to offer a differing opinion, I think the headlight washer colour thing is a bit ridiculous. First time this argument started, I had to go out and check my car to see what colour mine were. Here is my car - you can decide if it really bothers you. The GTS package adds lots of black accents anyhow, including your black wheels. These fit right in.

Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Hood

· Registered
80 Posts
Congrats on the allocation. Just to offer a differing opinion, I think the headlight washer colour thing is a bit ridiculous. First time this argument started, I had to go out and check my car to see what colour mine were. Here is my car - you can decide if it really bothers you. The GTS package adds lots of black accents anyhow, including your black wheels. These fit right in.

View attachment 51566
I agree with the overblown headlight washer comments. I have a chalk GTS with the black headlight washers and I actually like it that way. Also black calipers, door handles and rear spoiler!
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

I am a big fan of the interior GTS package. RaceTex is great - nether hot not cold and the perfect touch for this car.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You got me thinking about the Aurum wheels, never even considered it, kind of growing on me already. I can't seem to find a single real car image of a GTS chalk with Aurum, they are all GT4s. Wondering what they look like in real pics..

· Registered
637 Posts
… probably limited track if any…
My 718 cents opinion:

Add the fire extinguisher as it a) is a requirement for some track events b) is (arguably) more expensive to DIY later c) adds another touch of red.

I would ditch the premium package and use the savings to add back the multifunction steering wheel and to add ventilated seats (it’s a thing you don’t know you can’t live without until you have them.)

I am not a fan of Race-Tex (Alcantara) so I applaud the Race-Tex delete.

If you really want to add some character and more touches of red in the interior then add the deviated stitching package with red stitching. But that does require leather interior so it adds ~4.5k to the build.

On the subject of standard vs leather: the standard door panels are prone to warping while the leather panels are not.

· Registered
CGTS 4.0 PDK Aventurine Green
1,903 Posts
Looks ok to me. I quite like the black headlight washers are they go with the other black plastics on the car. be wary of gloss black alloys as they will swirl up with the lightest of touch. Matte black will be fine and have them ceramic coated to make cleaning easier.

Not too sure why you've ticked dash cam prep unless you plan to get the ridiculously expensive Porsche dash cam fitted??

· Registered
83 Posts
Congrats, looks like a nicely restrained build! Good call on the 2-way sport seats and the brushed aluminum trim. Three suggestions: (1) consider changing the wheel color...I'm just not a fan of black wheels. I changed to Platinum Satin for $600, and they are great because they hide brake dust. (2) Ditch the Locking Wheel Bolts...are you really parking the car where you are worried about the wheels being stolen? Plus, thieves have the tools to defeat wheel locks if they really want the wheels. (3) Count me in the camp that doesn't understand why people pay extra to put Porsche Crest on Headrests...you never see them unless you are looking for them.

· Registered
28 Posts
Hi all,

I come from a weird line of car ownerships: Integra -> 335i Coupe -> Tacoma -> CX-9 -> MX-5. I guess I just like to try different things

Here's my build - I would love your feedback. It's going to be a weekend warrior, probably limited track if any. The thing I am a little unsure about is the red seat belt and clock. There's nothing else red on the car other than the calipers, but I wanted to throw a bit more color and sportiness into the interior, now sure if it comes off tacky. thoughts?

Your car history has some of the same roots as mine! CRX > Del Sol > WRX Wagon > Tacoma (Still have it) > 330i > is350 > CX9 (the wifes) > MX-5 RF and now a 718 GTS4.0

My car, as you can see below, is white with aurum wheels so not a direct comparison but similar. Regarding your belts, I wanted something to tie to the red calipers so I got the belts red and went with white gauges (I left the chrono in black)

When I went to order, I was required to buy a watch in lieu of paying ADM which made me drop the GTS interior package based on my created budget. Hindsight makes we wish I had just kept it and if you've considered it and it's within your budget, I'd suggest going for it if you can tolerate race tex and carbon fiber trim over the leather and aluminum. The biggest part for me is the dash and center console being leather wrapped instead of being rubber but live and learn.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

· Registered
444 Posts
I agree with the overblown headlight washer comments. I have a chalk GTS with the black headlight washers and I actually like it that way. Also black calipers, door handles and rear spoiler!
I am a big fan of the interior GTS package. RaceTex is great - nether hot not cold and the perfect touch for this car.
I also like having the solid color broken up and did the rear window triangle, spoiler, door handles and calipers.

And I am possibly the biggest fan of the GTS interior package. The carbon and RaceTex trim is smart but also very sporty. I'd suggest the carmine red version. The stitching adds some color to set off the chalk and you get the red tach included. The seating is the biggest win. Unlike leather, you kind of stick to it. Not only feels great but also holds you in place when flinging the car around.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive parking light

1 - 20 of 37 Posts